Chapter 17

I stood outside Danzo's hideout, waiting. Soon, one of his operatives came out. "He has accepted your request to see him." I nodded and followed him silently into the depths of the lair. I noted that when I completed my task, I would need to either fight my way out or use Minato's teleportation technique.

I was still weighing my options when we stopped before a door. "Come in." I pushed the door open and walked into his office. "I knew you would come on your own one day." I stood silently as I glanced about the office, and my eyes landed on a sealed cabinet. Danzo's back was still to me, so I briefly activated the Byuakugan and found what I was looking for.

He slowly turned and faced me. "So, shall we discuss you joining Root?"

I shook my head. "That's not what I'm here for."

He frowned. "Then we have nothing to talk about."

I approached his desk. "Tell me, what is it that you want with the Sharingan?"

He stiffened. "What nonsense..."

I smiled as I placed both hands on his desk. "You hurt someone very dear to me, Danzo. Did you think I would just let that slide?"

He stood. "Don't toy with me, girl. I will kill you here and now."

My smile widened. "I'm glad we have an understanding." I dodged as he brought his cane down and sent a chakra thread to stab his side. As he recovered, I placed a barrier around the room. "So we won't be interrupted."

He looked at me in shock as I slowly advanced toward him. "Makoto was a traitor."

I sliced his chest. "Don't you dare speak his name." I struck his heart, but something happened. He didn't die. I blinked in confusion. "What is this?"

He laughed half crazed. "My dear, this is Izanagi. For every eye I have, I have a life." A life... for every eye?

I took a moment to process as he attacked, taking note of where they would be. As I dodged, I wrapped a chakra thread around the top of his bandaged arm and pulled, effectively severing it. "Then, without them, you only have one right." He fell to his knees, and I directed my thread directly through the back of his skull through his left eye. "How many had to die in your pursuit for power?"

He fell to the ground motionless. "Now, to get Shisui's..." The cabinet had a barrier seal around it, and I smirked. "Good thing I met Ryo." I easily reached through it and plucked the jar from the cabinet. Just then, I felt people trying to break my barrier, I picked up the severed appendage and looked at it with disgust. I centered myself and teleported to Aya's side.

I handed her the two eyes. "Can you do it?"

She had a determined look on her face. "I will do my best."

Ryo noted the arm I brought with me. "What is that?"

I looked down at it. "Evidence." He thankfully didn't question further. "I need you two to stay with him and out of sight. He'll sleep until I return."

Ryo grabbed my arm. "Kunoichi, you can't. You killed one of theirs."

I shrugged. "This is my ticket free of this village. If they try to kill me, they will fail. I'll be back soon." I wrapped the arm in a cloth and tied it to my back. "Don't come into the village, understand?"

Both held grim expressions but nodded. I teleported to Minato's office and waited. I looked out the window to see ninja running about panicked. It took almost an hour before he burst in the office. He looked at me, standing calmly at the window and started to cry. "Chihiro, you can't be here."

I smiled at him for reassurance. "This is exactly where I need to be. Call the council, I have a confession."

He looked at me in shock. "They will..." He couldn't bring himself to say it, and I hugged him around his waist.

I entered his mind and showed him what had happened. "If they will not listen, then I will make them see. If they still are against me, so be it. I will be safe, Minato, no matter the outcome."

He sunk to his knees. "How?"

I smiled. "I'll need Ibiki there. He is the head interrogator, after all."

He placed his head in his hands. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

I pulled them away. "I made my choice, Minato. I won't apologize, I won't take it back. Call them and let what happens happen."

He shakily nodded and rose. He called forward an Anbu. "Gather the council... she says she has a confession."

I immediately recognized him even with the mask. "Be quick, Kakashi. It would be a shame if we delayed this any longer." Let the judgment begin...