Chapter 42 - Love Lines

Jimin was still lying on the ice-cold, hard floor. Tears ran unstoppably out of his eyes and soaked his clothes. Small puddles formed under him.

He would never forget that icy cold look as he looked down on him as if he was completely worthless. He had pressed him like a heap of garbage on the dirty floor. Had made it clear to him who had said that here and where Jimin stood. Under him. So deep that he was supposed to crawl in front of him on the floor.

This hatred in his eyes. Another wave of grief came over Jimin and made his body tremble.

Jimin stayed strong! You must be strong! You MUST! Sobbing, he straightened up and wiped the dirt off the floor and his tears away. Taehyung hated and loathed him so much. Jimin didn't want to be here anymore. How could he win a fight for him if he had already lost before he had started? It was hopeless. He gave up. For the first time in his life he gave up.

All the grief, the pain, this humiliation. Jimin could no longer.

Sniffing he got up and went up to his room. With a heavy heart he packed all his things into his suitcase. Now the time had come to say goodbye. He was not worthy of Taehyung. He had to accept that. But he couldn't look him in the eye anymore. He could not bear to see any more hatred in it.

He tried to grasp himself again. Why couldn't Taehyung just talk? He always ran away. But was Jimin better? No no dagger. He was even worse. He preferred to lie and remain silent than to reveal anything. Because the more others knew, the more vulnerable you were. And Jimin had sworn that he would never be that again.

He laboriously dragged the heavy suitcase behind the stairs. It was time to let him go. So that his light could shine again. Even if he would never see it again.

Jimin sighed.

"And how did I get home from here? He rolled the suitcase to the exit when he found a small white piece of paper. Carefully he picked it up and folded it apart. Still sobbing, he read the fine, clean, black writing.

Jimin, I'm sorry for what I did to you.

When you read this, you probably want to go straight.

And that's perfectly all right. It's your decision.

But I want to talk to you.

One last time.

And explain everything.

If you decide against it, I wish you well.

If not, come to the fountain in the city at eight.

I love you

Even more tears ran down his cheeks. But they were tears of emotion. He was sorry. And more importantly, he loved him. An insignificant nobody of millions.

Kim Taehyung loved him.