Episode 3, Act 2 - Come Together

The rest of the week in Glee rehearsals were focused on Finn's assignment of Dynamic Duets. He had wanted the team to come together which was why he originally came up with the assignment. He paired up the two members who seemed to be at odds with each other of Ryder and Jake as well as Kitty and Marley. Ryder and Jake were up first and performed 'Superman' by the Clique which had ended up in the two of them using their fists against each other instead of coming together as they continued to fight over Marley who looked at them nervously as Finn grabbed Jake's hands and put them behind his back, Sam did the same with Ryder as they took them out of the choir room as Marley stood there completely stunned by what happened.

Cut to the locker room where Sam is doing an impression of Bane from the Dark Knight Rises wearing a jockstrap across his face. "When Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die," Sam said in a Bane-esque voice. "Good to know, Bane," Ryder said shaking his head as he noticed what Sam had on his face "Is that a jockstrap?" "Let the games begin!" Sam called out once again in a Bane like voice as he walked off from Ryder to meet up with Blaine.

"Do I even want to ask?" Blaine chuckled as Sam once again talked in his Bane impression "Calm down Doctor, now is not the time for fear. That comes later." Blaine shook his head as he removed the jock strap from Sam's face. "I was just getting into character," Sam frowned reaching for it. "I think there's a better way to do that then wearing a jockstrap over your face," Blaine chuckled as he held Sam close as Sam beamed at him. "Okay, okay you're right. I just thought playing Bane could be fun," Sam shrugged. "I think we all know that being the villain only gets you so far, I'm more into a hero," Blaine said looking up at Sam. "Are you now?" Sam said as he went into a Batman impression "This city needs me." Blaine laughed as he pulled Sam in for a kiss "You are adorable. Now let's get to Glee practice. I heard Marley and Kitty are up with their song," Blaine said as he held Sam's hand as the two headed into the choir room.

Unlike Ryder and Jake, Kitty and Marley came together for a great performance of 'Holding Out for a Hero' which the New Directions cheered for as the two girls finished in a hug. "That was incredible. You worked so well together. Teamwork! Yeah!" Finn cheered as the New Directions nodded to agree as the bell rang everyone congratulated Kitty and Marley.

Cut to the choir room where the New Directions are all seated once again. "Guys, I have to say I'm really proud of you. You all really came together as a group which was exactly what I wanted to accomplish," Finn grinned as the New Directions cheered. "Next week at Sectionals, we are gonna kick some Warblers' sorry asses," Finn said as the New Directions cheered again. "Yes," the New Directions grinned. "And then it's Regionals, and then it's Nationals, and then this year is gonna go down in the McKinley High record books as the greatest year the New Directions has ever seen," Finn said as the New Directions nodded forming a circle as they all put their hands in. "Onwards and upwards!" Finn cheered. "New Directions!" The group cheered as we cut to a group number they've been working on of 'Some Nights' by Fun.

As the performance began Sam and Blaine sang together as well as Ryder and Jake who had a newfound friendship. Kitty and Marley then took over seeming united in the performance but when Kitty turned away she rolled her eyes at Marley. The group finished the song feeling more united as they cheered and Finn smiled at them knowing they were ready to take on Sectionals.