Episode 5, Act 3 - Change

Cut to the Spotlight Diner where Santana is waiting tables as a blonde waitress with a lot of eyeliner on was eyeing her. Santana looked back over at the blonde who just waved to her. Santana waved back, slightly confused by the girl whose name she read 'Dani'. "LOPEZ!" Gunter, the owner shouted. "What?" Santana snarked back. "Go fill ketchup bottles with Dani!" Gunther exclaimed as Santana rolled her eyes as she headed towards Dani who seemed all too excited to get to know Santana. The two continued to exchange looks as they worked on filling the ketchup bottles but it was Santana who broke the silence. "I dig your name," Santana said honestly as Dani smiled back at her So do you think that your parents like, knew that you were gonna grow up to be a lesbian giving you a boy name?" "I'm not a lesbian," Dani said all too seriously. "Oh, uh...You just wear so much eyeliner," Santana said awkwardly. "No, I'm totally kidding. I love lady parts," Dani chuckled as Santana smiled a bit a bit. "What about you?" Dani asked. "What about me?" Santana asked confused. "Oh I saw the looks you were giving me back. What's your story?" Dani smiled leaning in to listen to what Santana had to say. "I just got out of a relationship," Santana said honestly. "Well it's her loss," Dani said as Santana looked back at her surprised that anyone would say that about her. "Yeah especially since she dumped me for the most annoying guy I've ever met," Santana said as Dani looked at her confused "My ex was bi." "I mean, it's probably for the best. I think you need a 100% Sapphic goddess," Dani smirked flirtatiously as Santana once again was surprised by her forwardness. "Oh wow, you really haven't been with a full on lesbian have you?" Dani chuckled as Santana shook her head. "Well, let's start slow then. Do you have a place to crash? Because my couch is open if you need a place to stay," Dani said as Santana smiled back at her, realizing she had found a true friend in New York who could quite possibly turn into a girlfriend.

Cut to the locker room where Sam is busy working out manically wanting to keep himself in shape as Blaine walks over to him, shaking his head. "You're kind of out of control," Blaine said. "Yeah, well, haters gonna hate," Sam glared at Blaine as he continued to lift weights. "Will you please stop lifting?" Blaine sighed as Sam reluctantly put the weights down. "This isn't who you are, Sam. You're not just some body-obsessed muscle head," Blaine said shaking his head. "You don't know what it's like. You can sing and dance and you kick butt in school and you're all charming and everything, I have to announce my presence with authority the second I walk into a room. People have to notice me, or else they never will," Sam said upset as he took a deep breath "People laugh at my impressions because how I look already has them on board." "Do you really believe that?" Blaine asked incredulously. "It's just a fact," Sam sighed as he took a seat on the bench. "If you want to make it in this world, you have to be special," Sam said. "But you are special," Blaine argued as Sam looked up at him "Even without your body." "No, I'm not, man. It's....it's all I have. I'm exhausted. Watching what I eat all the time, my two-a-day workouts," Sam began emotionally. "Let it go. Have a burger every now and then. Eat a bag of Cheetos. Skip your workouts. Sleep in a little. Your body isn't going to change," Blaine said honestly as Sam looked back at him tearfully "And even if you have seven percent body fat, you're gonna see that all of us are still gonna love you. And we're gonna laugh at your impressions." Sam looked back at Blaine knowing he had a point. "Okay," Sam said nodding, grateful to have a good friend like Blaine who looked out for him.

Cut to Emma's office as Blaine and Emma are awaiting Sam's arrival. "You want to see me?" Sam said as he knocked on the door but looked confused at Blaine sitting there. "What are you doing here?" Sam asked. "Blaine asked me to look into something for you. Come on in and have a seat," Emma said as Sam did so hesitantly. "This is a very small sampling of colleges that don't require SAT or ACT scores. And they're really good schools, Sam. They're schools that recognize that a test score isn't always the best measure of your intelligence," Emma said honestly. "Or creativity," Blaine agreed as Sam looked through the school pamphlets. "And you can always take the SATs again if you want. You know, a lot of kids do that," Emma said honestly. "Yeah, well, let's say I somehow get into college somewhere. I still can't afford it," Sam sighed. "Yes, you can. Because even in this economy, there are hundreds of scholarships out there," Emma grinned as she handed Sam some papers on scholarships. "What you'll need for these is a personal essay about yourself and your accomplishments," Emma grinned. "Like what? Like my abs and my fish lips?" Sam asked confused. "Like the Glee Club. Like Student Council and Football," Blaine began. "You've accomplished a lot more than you're giving yourself credit for. But why don't you take that home and, um, just think about it," Emma said as Sam nodded realizing that he might possibly have a chance after all and it was all thanks to Blaine.