Episode 5, Act 4 - You Found Me

Cut to an empty classroom where Sam is sitting at a desk twiddling his pencil as Blaine enters. "You ready to write that essay?" Blaine asked. "No, I'm not," Sam sighed shaking his head. "Well, I've been doing a little research, um, with some folks that know you really well, and they all seem to think that you've actually accomplished quite a bit," Blaine smiled a bit as he placed a laptop in front of Sam which featured videos of many of the Glee Clubbers past and present to talk about what Sam accomplished. "What can I say about Sam Evans?" Quinn began the video. "Trouty Mouth inspired me to try my hand at songwriting," Santana smiled to the camera. "He was the first person who helped me realize my past didn't define me and without his support I would've never had the courage to go to Yale," Quinn said honestly. "Sam was the first person who stepped up when I was really missing Santana," Brittany said as we cut back to Santana. "Grouper Mouth," Santana sang. "No one else knew I was staging a comeback and besides that Sam stepped up to help me with my lesbian love child," Brittany smiled rubbing her belly as we cut back to Santana singing. "Froggy Lips," Santana sang. "You know, Sam gave me the courage to follow my dreams and become a singer, and without him I probably would have never moved to LA," Mercedes smiled a bit. "And let's not forget when Sam took care of his entire family after his dad lost his job. They were living in a motel, homeless, and Sam supported them. I mean, that's pretty amazing. He's a really substantial person," Finn said as Sam teared up. "Now, that's your essay," Blaine said as Sam wiped his eyes. "Thanks thanks, bro," Sam said emotionally pulling Blaine into a hug. "Don't mention it," Blaine smiled a bit hugging Sam tightly.

Cut to the choir room where Sam is performing 'You Found Me' by The Fray to say thanks to Blaine for all his help as well as the other members of the New Directions who let him know he was more than just his looks.

 "I found God on the corner of First in Amistad. Where the west was all but won. All alone, smoking his last cigarette. I said where you been? He said, ask anything Where were you when everything was falling apart? All my days spent by the telephone that never rang and all I needed was a call that never came from the corner of First and Amistad. Lost and insecure. You found me, you found me, lying on the floor. Surrounded, surrounded. Why'd you have to wait? Where were you, where were you? Just a little late. You found me, you found me. Early morning, city breaks. I've been calling for years and years and years and years and you never left me no messages. You never send me no letters. You got some kind of nerve. Taking all I want. Lost and insecure. You found me, you found me. Lying on the floor. Where were you? Where were you?. Lost and insecure. You found me, you found me, lying on the floor. Surrounded, surrounded. Why'd you have to wait? Where were you, where were you? Just a little late, you found me, you found me. Why'd you have to wait to find me? To find me?" Sam sang dressed like himself again as the New Directions smiled through his performance glad to have him back feeling good about himself.

Brittany rushed over to Sam giving him a hug. "That performance was all kinds of awesome," Brittany said. "Well I couldn't have done it without a little help from my friends," Sam said. "And your very special genius girlfriend," Brittany grinned. "And my genius girlfriend," Sam chuckled as he and Brittany kissed. "I'm really excited for this new year," Brittany smiled. "Yeah...it's a new year and a new me," Sam agreed as we cut to the New Directions performing 'This is the New Year' by A Great Big World.

The New Directions began to perform together with Blaine taking the lead at first as the group really seemed to be coming together for the first time. The New Directions walked out onstage as Marley took the lead singing to Jake as she pulled him in close. Brittany then took over singing as she ran in between Sam's legs as he took over singing feeling every word as he joined Brittany on the group as Marley and Jake then took over helping them up. As the song went on Sam sang with Blaine with an arm wrapped around him, grateful for all of his support. The New Directions continued to perform it all together running around and having a blast together onstage. The New Directions all collapsed onstage at the end of the song all but Sam who sat with Artie beaming brightly finally feeling like he truly accepted himself again.