6: Nail Salon

I go to class with a smile on my face. After i sit down, i get a text from Court asking if I wanted to meet somewhere and get my nails done with her. I was due in for a new set, so i agreed to going. I could barley sit through my class without falling right on my desk asleep. I count the minutes until the lab is over and i leave to go to the nail salon.

Once i arrive there, i walk inside and see Court looking through nail colors. I walked up to her.

"heyo" I say to get her attention.
"heyyy what's up"
"i'm so fuckin tired from class" i complain.
"sounds like you need a mani AND a pedi" she tells me.
"you know it" i laugh.

I look through the colors and styles of nails with Court and finally, i chose the same nails for both my toes and finger nails.

While Court and I were sitting in the client chairs and relaxing, getting our nails done, i took a deep breath

"this is so nice" i say.
"tell me about it girl, i've needed this" she replies.

"hey you gotta tell me about that guy you were with at the boys party" i ask her with a smile.
"ohhh no he was not as cool as I thought" she says, regretfully.
"this is gonna be good"
"he basically just was a nerd and was really cool until i tried to leave to go with another one of my friends, and he like begged me to stay? It could've been nice until he started talking about how he needed me in his life forever and he was definitely too drunk." she laughed.
"oh em gee" I laugh pretty hard at this.
"what about you? go home with anyone cute?" she asks me with a wink.
"uh actually I left kinda abruptly." i tell her, slowly.

I told her about how drunk I got with Z. I tell her about how me and Nick were hitting it off until Dylan came.  Totally explained how the night was ruined, but was saved by me finally getting out of a shitty relationship.

"girl. what?!" she says finally.
"i know i know, it's a lot"
"y/n, i'm so happy you finally left that dumb ass" she tells me, grabbing my hand.
"thank you, it feels weird you know, being free" i tell her.
"welcome to tha life" she tells me, tryin to be cool.
"but you did hit it off with Nick, from what you told me?" she asks, grinning widely at me.
"ehhhh fuck yeah" i say excited.

Court does a little screech of excitement.

"y/n!"
"i know!" i tell her.
"so whatcha gonna do about it?" she asks me.
"i don't know..." i say.

Court gives me a look like she doesn't believe me.

"ok ok, i've thought about it a lil." i smile as Court scoots closet, listening in. "Yeah Nick is really cute and everything, we even get along well, but he's  player." I shrug.

"uh pls explain more" Court tells me.
"like you know every party I see him at, he's with a new different girl. I don't know I just feel like i'm not anything special for him to dance with me for a few minutes." I tell her, disappointed.

"ight i see what you mean, but do you think something would've happened with him if Dylan didn't come?" she asks me.
I grin at her and answer the question just by my look.

"You think he's fine and he's good to you, y/n, why not think something could happen?" Court asks me.
"maybe it's not what I want, to be tied down like that right now" i tell her.

———————————————-
i was sick for a whole FKN WEEK so i was dead and was not feeling writing, but i'm back and i'm boutta slap on these. COMMENT!!! I need feedback fr fr... lots of love 💙
N