13: Mags

I wake up to a major headache. I roll over a little and peek open my eyes. I can see i'm not in my normal room and notice i'm in Nicks bed. I remember everything that happened and sit up. I rub my eyes and look around his room. I couldn't help but notice a really cool set up to record beats and vocals on. I stand up and walked over to the desk and sat down in the rolly chair. I start clicking on random buttons, but still making sure not to mess anything up. I guess I was making a little bit of noise, because I heard the door open behind me. I turn in the chair and see Nick at the door.

"hey, y/n, you're awake" he tells me.

"yeah haha how long was I asleep for?"

"just like an hour" he says, pulling out his phone to see the time.

there's a pause where i look back at the computer and back to him.

"pretty cool set up you got here" i say

"yeah? i just got it all done a few weeks ago" he tells me, walking up to me and standing behind the chair.

"If I had something like this i'm my room, i'd be singing 24/7"

"yeah it's pretty easy to use, you wanna learn?" he asks.

"hell yes" i laugh.

He leaned over the back of the chair and kind of rested on me as he began pointing to things on the screen and button pad.

"this is where you click to begin recording, then you go here and turn on the..." he says but i stopped listening after a second. He was getting closer and closer and wasn't almost leaning on me anymore, he was on me. It was something so small, and I wouldn't usually be so nervous about this kind of thing with anyone else. As I was daydreaming, i zoned back.

"so yeah it's kinda basic, at least i thought until I just tried to explain it" he laughed as he stood back up.
I turned the chair back around to face him.

"naw it's not too bad" i laugh. He just laughs too for a second then looks at me. He has a small smirk on his face which freaking makes me melt. I catch myself with my mouth gaped open a tiny bit.

"uh, so you said you needed to talk to me?" i ask.

"yeah, damn didn't think you'd remember that" he laughs.

"i was a little high, not black out drunk, nick" i joked.

"oh trust me, i know what you look like black out drunk."

"ok shut up back to what you needed to talk to me about" i laugh as he sits on the end of his bed, just a foot or two in front of me in the chair.

"okay uh so I know this is going to sound repetitive to you, but i had to ask." he told me, leaning back and holding himself up on his elbows. "We aren't anything? Even after the other day?" he asked me, confused.

I squirmed in my chair a little, just sighing and readjusting my legs. I wanted to say what I felt, but it was too soon. If i jumped into anything, I would end up hurt, especially with him. "Nick, I made up my mind. being with someone right now isn't what I want."

He looked at me and nodded. "You just think you're not ready?"

"yeah it's too soon, my last relationship took a lot out of me"
"no, i get it" he nodded as he sat back up.
"thank you, by the way" i told him.
"for what?"
"for not being an ass about this. a lot of guys would just act like they don't give a fuck about anything, you know."
"yeah i'm not a cocky frat guy if thats what you're saying" he joked.
"exactly" i laughed.

"ok, it's late, i gotta go home" i say, standing up. He stands up after me, so he's standing directly in front of me. He goes in for the hug and I hug him back.

"bye y/n, drive safe"
"i will, bye" i say and walk out his door.

I grab my phone from Zions room and see a text from Maggie on it.

mags 🖤
hey girl i'm home alone cause
B is stuck at the studio,
wanna stay over??

for sure, can i borrow some of
your clothes tomorrow?

duh! i wanna be your
personal stylist for the day 😋

on my way! :)

I walked up to Maggie's front door to her apartment and knocked on her door. She opened it a few seconds later.

"heya" i say
"come on in y/n"

I walked into a SUPER aesthetic house. It was decorated so cute with black as the main color obviously.

"girl since when were you an interior designer, wtf!" i say.
"oh I payed a girl to decorate this well. and i payed a LOT so i hope you like it."
"i love it" i laugh.

"so I was going to try on some new clothes; i got in the mail today right before you got here. wanna see em?" she said as she walked me to her room.
"yes!"

I got to her room and lay on her bed.

"sit tight, i'll be out in a sec" she says, walking into her closet.

I got out my phone and saw her room had great lighting so I thought I'd snag a picture for my instagram story and make B jealous. The guys and our friends would always would play games that me and Maggie were gonna end up getting married, because we became so close, so fast. It was all jokes, though.

When i clicked post on story, Maggie came out in a black jean skirt with a lime green belt

"oooo i rlly love this look" i told her.
"me too"

After a little longer of her trying on some clothes and asking for opinions, we set up camp in her living room. We had a million blankets and pillows on her couch as we watched Disney plus. It was already 2am and I just drifted asleep as i watched.

————————

I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS FOR THIS STORY!!! I JUST WANNA GET TO THE GOOD PART ALREADY 👀