30: Hollywood

Zion, my mom and I all finished the day off by going to see the Hollywood sign for my mom. It was on her bucket list she said. To be honest, it wasn't that interesting to Zion and I, since we had both seen it quite a few times. I was taking pictures of my mom with the sign in the background as she was doing a million poses.

"ay ay no you're not doing it right" Z said to me.

"bruh what do you mean"

"give me the phone" Z says as he grabbed my phone and began taking pictures of my mom at different heights and angles.

"You act like my job isn't posting on instagram" i joke.

"honey, do you want a photo?" my mom asks me.

"i don't think i need-"

"NOPE get up there y/n" Z says, pushing me to where my mom was standing. I just laugh and let him take the pictures. Zion was actually pretty good at taking pictures, so I didn't mind. After we were done with that, It was getting pretty late. Traffic was horrible, so it took forever to get to the PM house to drop off Zion. Once we actually got there, my mom told me to walk Zion to his door because it's 'the nice thing to do'. I don't even know.

"sorry about my mom" i said as we reached the door.

"naw naw i don't mind, also moms love me so what can i say" Z says, shrugging.

"yeah well i'm surprised you only cussed like 3 times" i laugh.

"oh damn it yeah tell her i'm sorry about that again"

"i will...well thanks for today, good night, z"

"night y/n" he says as we hug tightly before he opens the front door. I was already walking down the porch steps when I heard the door open again. I turn around and see Edwin peeking his head through the wall and door.

"hey y/n, nick says h-" he got cut off by someone pulling his abruptly back to where I couldn't see him. It seemed like Nick was the one who pulled him away. They genuinely act like middle schoolers. Then Zion opens the door a little more. "alright bye y/n" he says very fast and closes the door. I just laughed and met my mom back in the car. We drove home and I set up the guest room for my mom. It was 11pm so my mom fell asleep as soon as she hit the bed.

I, on the other hand, took off all my makeup and washed my face. I then changed into shorts and a cropped tank top to sleep in. I laid in bed for the night and picked up my phone. I was scrolling through twitter whenever i got a text.

nick 👀:
soooo you been talking
to your mom bout me??

humble yourself,
i never said anything

from what your mom
said, it sounds like you
said i was cute 👀

you have no proof

i don't need proof, ma. you
know you been talking bout me

🥱🥱 whatever

also did you tell Z about us?

ugh what happened

he just been acting real
weird to only me. i can tell
sum is up 🤷‍♂️

yeah i told him but only
cause he asked

have you told anyone else

naw, did you?

...um

nick.

i maybe told B

ughhhh i mean he would
find out sometime
soon anyway

you know what would
solve this issue

what would solve it Nicholas

if we weren't doin it secretly👀

just tell everyone we're fwb?? um

never mind i gotta
go, ed needs me

so you just gonna say sum
like that and not finish
the conversation

yup 👍🏽 night ma

ugh goodnight

I decided to post the picture from today and put it on my story so that i could save it to highlights.

I set my phone down as i fell asleep thinking   about what Nick meant by not doing it secretly

I set my phone down as i fell asleep thinking about what Nick meant by not doing it secretly. Did he mean relationship? or open relationship? or dating? i just hate trying to read people. I'm not good at it and I don't get why people can't just be open instead. Then again, I could take my own advice.

————————————

number 1 for # nick mara 🥺🥺🥺

that's bizarre, thank you so much

also, ik this is a short chapter, very sorry... just had to set it up this way for the next few chapters :)