32: Chains

I wasn't surprised by what Nick said, I was just surprised that he told me when he thought I was asleep. After he told me, I just stayed completely still. I didn't know what I would tell him, so i just went along with being completely asleep.

Nick and I got a lot closer that night. I gave in and tried to trust him with something huge and it actually worked out really well. What happened gave me hope again finally that I wasn't completely ruined from Dylan. That night was just a little over 2 weeks ago. That was the only time that Nick has ever stayed the night without us actually doing anything. We're still the same in that sense.

I never brought up to Nick that I heard what he said. I never said I wasn't actually asleep and I know you have feelings for me. We had a handful of rules for this whole agreement and this means that 2 of them are now broken. I couldn't be mad at myself though, because I always sort of knew in the back of my mind. I just didn't want to admit I knew. If I admitted that I know Nick liked me, then that would mean we would have to do something about it. I was not ready to have that conversation, yet and I definitely was not ready for him to tell me when he knows I am awake. I do not know when we will bring up what he said.

In the meantime, i wake up and the smell of Nicks cologne hits me. I open my eyes a little and see that I am wearing Nicks shirt and nothing else. I turn to my side to see Nick sleeping like a baby, holding onto my waist. His head rested on the top of my back. I slowly moved his arms off of me as I stood up, without waking him. I put on my undergarments and then slipped on some on my sweatpants I had over here. I peaked my head out of his bedroom door and looked both ways to make sure the coast was clear before sneaking out. I just walked into the kitchen, since I heard someone in there.

"heyo" I say as I sit at the bar looking into the kitchen. Edwin was in there making eggs.

"hey, y/n, you crash here again last night?"

"yep just got tired"

"i gotchu...you want some of my signature eggs?"

"i would, but I gotta go to an interview in like an hour. I don't want my breath smelling of whatever you got in your 'signature eggs'" i tease.

"hey, don't hate on the eggs" he laughs.

Just then Brandon and Maggie walked in the kitchen as well.

"Morning" B says as he opens the fridge. "hey" Maggie came and sat in the chair next to me.

"oooo y/n you smell good. what is that perfume?" maggie asks me.

"uh i don't remember, i'll look next time"

"oh well"

I guess she didn't notice I was wearing Nicks shirt. The scent was obviously not my perfume or something. It was kind of easy to tell it was a guys cologne.

"yo when are we gonna tell Nick to take his party else where at night." Ed asks us. I feel my face heat up.

"whatchu mean" B asks, being clueless.

"i mean it's been like 3 months and he still won't tell us who the girls he's sleeping with are and it's just keeping me up."

"it's chill, Zion has girls over, too. You and Izzy got yalls nights let's just be cool." Brandon says, looking up from the coffee he was making. I felt maggie's eyes on me.

"Z has girls over like once every two weeks. The girls Nick is having over is almost every night. How does he find that many sluts?" Ed laughs.

"hey stop i'm being dead ass. chill." B says sternly, making Edwin confused. I just sat there surprised that Ed would say something like that.

"what is up with you" Ed says, questioning B.

I couldn't listen to this conversation much longer. Ed was just degrading me without knowing the 'slut' was sitting right next to him. I stood up and walked down the hall as I heard Brandon telling Edwin to calm down and shit. I opened Nicks door and closed it behind me. He was still asleep, but I had to change into the clothes I brought so I could go to the interview i had. I was in the middle of changing when I heard Nick wake up.

"now this is a sight I like to wake up to" he joked around. I just laughed and threw a pillow from the end of the bed at his face. "you going somewhere?"

"yeah I have a video to do with Forbes at 10."

"is there something wrong?"

"no? why?" i asked, acting like his band mate and our good friend didn't just call me a slut.

"i can just tell something's wrong"

"well there's nothing sooo"

I got changed into a vintage streetwear type outfit. I then curled my hair and put on a silk bandana. I slipped on my shoes, but then noticed I totally forgot my necklaces I was gonna wear.

"damnit." i muttered as i looked in the mirror in Nicks room.

"what's up?" Nick asked as he stood up from his bed.

"i forgot all the necklaces I was gonna wear. Now my outfit looks stupid."

"you do not look stupid" he laughs.

"i know i look fly but i need some necklaces." I laugh and turn around to face him. He was shirtless so his chains were out. I had an idea. I eyed his necklaces and smiled innocently.

"naw. no. NAW" he says as he grips his chains tightly and takes a step back.

"pleeeease Nick i need them"

"have you ever seen me without these on?"

"yeah i've showered with you before" i said with a grin, trying to be a kiss-ass.

"fuck you know what i mean" He laughed. I walked closer to him and put my hands on each side of his face. I leaned in slowly as our lips touched. His hands found my lower back, sending goosebumps down my neck. I swear that's the best feeling in the world.

"that's not going to make me say yes" he whispered after we pulled away.

"I swear on everything that if you let me wear them that i'll give em back to you the same way i got em." i say, with us still in each other's arms. He stood there and looked around, thinking. "I can come give them back to you as soon as i'm done with the video."

"right after your done. come strait here." he said sternly.

"so i can wear them?" i said trying to contain my excitement. He paused for awhile.

"yeah" after he said this, I yelled in excitement as he slipped them off his neck. "my mom got me these. she's gonna be even more pissed if you do something to them." he says as he pauses.

"ugh you're such a mommas boy"

"you better not be complaining"

"i'm not, i think it's sweet" I reply as he put them over my head and onto my neck. "thank you so so so so much" i say before pecking his lips one more time and grabbing my keys and phone.

"see you AFTER THE VIDEO" he says as I walk out of his room and down the hall. As i'm just about to walk out the door, Edwin calls me from the kitchen.

"hey y/n i wanted to talk to you"

"uhh can we talk later maybe? i'm about to be late."

"yeah for sure, go ahead"

"sorry! bye ed"

I walked to the car and wondered what was so important to talk about.