24: Bill

"ay nick can i borrow that black raiders jacket, bro?" Brandon yells from behind the door. I look away from the door and back to Nick. He sighs and puts his head back, looking up at the ceiling.

"yep lemme grab it" He yells back.

I get off Nick and sit up on the side of his bed. Nick then comes around me and starts walking to his closet.

"well i can just find it myself if-" brandon says as he walks right through the door. "oh hey y/n sorry i didn't know you were in here"

"no no it's cool no need to be sorry" i laugh.

"i mean...i don't wanna invade y'all two having a private hang out"

"dude, first of all why you so weird second of all it's not like that" Nick tells B as he takes the jacket off a hanger and gives it to B.

"ight ight...thanks g, you two have fun" B says.

"don't get nothin on it or else you're dead" Nick yells as Brandon walks out, while shutting the door again.

As soon as the door clicks shut, Nick turns around back to me and tackles me to lay back on the bed. I scream and put my arms up to wrap around his neck, as he's on top of me. We're both laughing as he brings his head up, his face just centimeters away from mine. Our laughs slow down as we're just looking at one another. For a moment or two, it felt like the whole world stopped turning. nothing was happening. everything was paused. I looked down at his lips, and back up to his eyes a few times. He did the same until our lips touched softly. It wasn't like other times we've kissed. It felt different. I felt butterflies in my stomach. The soft kisses continued for about half a minute more until Nick looked at me again.

"you wanna go get some food, i'm starving" he said.

"uh duh"

He kissed me on my cheek one more time before getting up. I had to take a deep breath to regroup before sitting on the edge of his bed again.

"what are we eating. we feeling like Mexican or Chinese, oooooo maybe a burger." i say.

"don't matter to me"

"lets just ask the guys where they wanna go" i say, standing up while I grab my phone.

"oh..uh yeah" Nick says weirdly as he walks out of the room. Wait, did he mean just him and I getting food? I mean we've done that a million times but it's never been an issue that the guys would come sometimes, too. I just brushed it off and met everyone in the kitchen.

"wassup y/n" Edwin says as I walk in.

"heyo, y'all wanna go eat?"

A few people agreed to go with us. We were just  going to go Langers, nothing too fancy. Still a sit down restaurant though. Once everyone who wanted to come came outside, we noticed we could just take one car. It was just me, Zion,  Maggie, B and Nick.

"y'all wanna just take my car? i'm blocking you all in anyway" i say.

"fine with me" Brandon tells us.

I start to walk to the driver side of my car and open the door.

"you want me to drive?" Z says as he comes up on my right.

"naw if i don't drive then i'll be stuck in the back with y'all and i'm not about to be in between yalls musty asses" i tease, pointing between Nick and Z. Zion then said some dumb shit under his breath.

———————————

We get to the restaurant and sit down. I sit in between Mags and Nick with Z across from me. All of us look across the menus and talk. We order a few minutes later. I literally loved hanging out with this group. I always had the most fun. We were being kinda stupid and almost got kicked out, to be honest. Our server was annoyed with us already because of our loudness. The server came around the table and was handing out checks to everyone and I got mine and saw it was $11.32. I looked around for a split second for my wallet...but i fucking forgot it...again.

To be honest, i leave it everywhere. It's really an issue, but i always pay people back anyway.

"fuckkkk" i say under my breath.

"what, what's wrong" Z asks.

"no you did not" Nick says laughing. "you forgot your wallet again?"

I just put my head in my hands and laughed at my stupidity with everyone else. "ight who's covering me this time, i'll pay back" i joke.

"i got you"
"i'll do it"

Suddenly both Z and Nick offer at the same time. I look up between them. They both just keep insisting on themselves paying.

"bro you payed a few weeks ago, just lemme do it" Z says.

"no my moneys already out i have it"

"my moneys out, too, dawg"

Nick tried to grab the bill holder, but Z saw him and snatched it quickly. I watch as they stop conversation and Z puts money into it. I just have a confused look on my face this whole time. I did not know what was going on. Nick looked mad as Z handed the ticket to the server again.

"thank you, Z" i say with a tight smile.

After I say this, I feel Nick put his hand on my thigh. I look up at him as he looks back. I lick my lips and rub his hand, just to tease him. I turn away again as I still feel his glance. I start thinking. why was it such a big deal which one of them payed for me? I thought we were all friends and could pay for who we wanted, but...i don't know.

Nicks hand rested where it was until we all finished paying. After, we all walked outside and began walking to the car. I saw Z was further behind us all, on his phone. I stopped as B, Mags, and Nick all walked ahead and I met up with Zion.

"Hi" i say, getting his attention.

"ma'am, do i know you?" he says jokingly, as he slips his phone in his pocket.

"shut up" i laugh. "what happened back there?"

"whatchu mean"

"i mean when you and Nick wouldn't let either of y'all pay for my bill"

Zion just shrugged and looked ahead.

"ok, so you're not gonna tell me?" i say.

"there's nothing to tell you, just a lil argument between us" he says.

"...ooookay" i say, looking forward.

"ok"