35: Drunk

I had felt really guilty the last couple of days about what happened with Nick and how he had to pay. I had told him multiple times that I would pay it all or even less if he really wanted me to, and he wouldn't accept it. It was definitely extremely nice of him to do so. It wasn't a whole lot of money, but it was still a pretty big payment.

I had been at classes all day and I was finally on my way home. I had tried to cram all my work in today, so I could actually have fun this weekend and not spend it all going homework. I finally walked in my door at 7:17pm. The guys were throwing a party tonight that I had to go to, also. It started at 8 and I usually get there early for most of their parties, but I looked and felt dead. I had to take a shower and wash up before doing anything. I took a shower and once i got out, i dried my hair. I did my make up and then chose an outfit. I put on my whole set of gold jewelry.

Once I was done doing my lengthy routine, it was 8;30pm

Once I was done doing my lengthy routine, it was 8;30pm. I hate bringing my car to parties, because I always have to park further away or I can't pull out because people block me in or something. I thought that I would probably just stay the night with Nick, so I asked Court if she could come pick me up and we could go together. She called me and told me she was outside after not too long and we were on our way to the PM house.

"so you gonna see Nick tonight?" Court said, as she winked playfully.

"well he does live there, so I think he just might be at his own party." I say sarcastically.

"but for real! do you wanna see him?"

"i don't understand what you want me to say" i laugh. "yeah we're best friends, i want to see him."

"ughh you're no fun." The party started at 8 and we got there at about 9. We walked in and could tell that everything was already going on and we skipped over the awkward part of the beginning of a party. I lost Court kind of fast since she told me she was going to meet some guy she has been hanging out with recently. I walked around a little and found all the guys standing around. I walked up and saw that Nick wasn't with them.

"hey, y/n, you made it" Brandon yelled a little to make sure I could hear him over the music.

"yeah! what are y'all doing"

"wait you could actually help"

"with what?"

"we can't find Nick. we saw him walking around, talking to people and he was drinking A LOT." Austin said to me.

"ok, yeah i'll look around"

"thanks y/n" B said as I stepped away, just walking around and saying hi to people, while also looking for Nick. I walked around the whole first floor and the backyard, which took me awhile, and didn't see him anywhere. I didn't think he would be upstairs anywhere, since not many people went up there during parties. I still looked though. I walked up the stairs and began walking down the hall as I felt two hands go on each shoulder. I turned around quickly, thinking it was some creep. I looked and saw it was Nick.

"god you scare me when you surprise me like that" i laughed.

"you look fantastic"

"thank you, you don't look too bad either"

"mmmhm i know" he replied, slurring his words a lot.

"alllright you're drunk"

"i'm barely tipsy, ma" He said quietly as shook the bottle he had in his hand back and forth. He tried to walk past me to go down the stairs, but almost slipped a little.

"Nick, are you good?" I said gripping his arm.

"yeah yeah yes mhm i'm great" he said as he began walking down the stairs.

Later in the party, I saw Brandon talking to Nick from across the room, so he found him. I was enjoying myself with other people and actually met a couple new people. I was talking with a group of friends in the kitchen when i felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to my right and saw a tall mixed guy looking back at me.

"Hi, I'm Isiah, nice to meet you" he held his hand out for me to shake it.

"I'm y/n."

"I think i've seen you at a few parties before. You go to parties around here often?"

"Yeah, yeah i just have a couple friends around LA."

"a couple friends? how could a girl that looks like you have a couple of friends?"

"ehhh i don't know, thank you though." I laughed. This guy really started pulling out all the stops and I was liking it.

"what about a boyfriend, you got a man in your life?"

"no i actually don't right now."

"well in that case you wanna go dance?"

"uhm..." I was thinking it may be a little weird to be dancing with a guy at Nicks party, but then I remembered the rules. We weren't exclusive and Nick always...ALWAYS...had a girl with him. "yeah for sure, let's go"

He held out his hand to lead me to where everyone was dancing. I grabbed him hand and let him. We just danced to the beat as we got closer and closer. I was just having a good time when I caught eyes with Maggie who had wide eyes at me. She had the look that my mom gives me when i'm doing something wrong. I just looked back at her confused as she nodded her head over for me to look at something. I looked over a few feet and saw Nick looking at me. He didn't have girls around him at all. He was hanging out with the guys, but kept his eyes on me as i danced with Isiah. He was definitely still drunk, yet he still showed how pissed he was. I kept just talking to Isiah and peeking at Nick a few times, as I saw him do the same. I was having fun until Isiah quickly leaned in and began kissing me, without any warning. I tried to make it work, but it was just weird, so I pulled back a lot.

"Oh i'm really sorry, I guess I read the situation wrong?"

"Yeah, I don't-" I began speaking back, until i saw Nick pushing through people forcefully as he was aiming for walking out of the front door. "I gotta go, it was nice to meet you, Isiah" I followed Nick not extremely far behind. I opened the front door and saw him storming off the steps. "Nick! Nick what are you doing?"