8: Plans

The next morning, I wake up and feel better than I thought I would. I turn over to grab my phone off the side table and see it is 12:34. I guess I slept in a lot. I decide I should probably get up, since I didn't even really like waking up late in the first place. I go down the hallway and enter the kitchen. I don't see Nessa anywhere, so I assume she's not home. As I grab a protein bar from my pantry, my phone rings. I pick it up to see it's Edwin.

"Hey, Ed"
"Hey what you doing today, y/n" he asks.
"nothing really, why wassup"
"the guys and a few other ppl are coming over tonight to watch a movie in our movie room, you coming?"
"For sure! what time is everyone coming over?"
"well actually Z was talking about how he needed someone to help him get some food, so maybe you could do that for us?" he asks me
"yeah i'm not doing anything so sure"
"ight see you tonight, y/n"

I walk into the living room and sit on my couch. I was excited about them inviting me over, since it seemed like it was kinda a close group of people going. I had been hanging around all the guys more, and they were cool. Brandon and I have good conversations, since we're both from around Dallas. Brandon was dating Maggie and me and her met, too. Edwin kinda had a small thing going on with Izzy, but it seemed super low key, so I never really asked about it, yet. I decide to call Zion and ask if he needed my help or not. He answered quick.

"AYYOOO SHAWTAAAAYY" he sang into the phone, which made me put him on speaker so my ear wouldn't be hurt.
"oh my god you know i hate when you do that" i laugh.
"i know that's why i do it more now"
"haha so funny" i say sarcastically.
"what's up" he laughs.
"Ed told me to help you today to get food for tonight"
"oh cool when you wanna go?"
"what time is everyone coming over?" i ask.
"like 8, but it's low key"
"aight i'll come pick you up at like 5:30 then?"
"good with me" he agrees.
"see you then"

I decide to go take a shower to get ready. I wash my hair and once i get out, i start playing my j.Cole playlist. It obviously takes me like 30 minutes just to dry my hair, since i have to dance and sing to all the songs. I finally get to make up and do a natural look, just doing mascara, lipgloss, and eyebrows. I just leave my hair natural, which is just wavy, almost curly. I knew I would want to be comfortable tonight, so i put on a matching sweatsuit.

By the time i'm done with getting ready and having my own concert and dance off in my room, it's already 5, so I just wanted to pick up Z already

By the time i'm done with getting ready and having my own concert and dance off in my room, it's already 5, so I just wanted to pick up Z already. I get in my car and get to the PM house about 20 minutes later.

I knock on the door and Austin opens it.

"hey y/n, ya here early?" he asks, as i walk into the entrance.
"sorta, i'm going with Zion to get food and drinks"
"cool cool, make sure to get lemonade! i've been craving it ALL DAY"
"i got you" i laugh, as we walk to the kitchen.
"you don't have to knock, by the way. People just kinda walk in you know" he tells me.
"oh ok"

Nick and Brandon walk into the kitchen while laughing about something they were talking about a second earlier. I see Nick and can tell he probably just woke up not too long ago. His hair was messy still and to be honest, looked hot as fuck. His chains made noise as he walked in.

"oh wassup, y/n" brandon says.
"hey" i say as i sit on the counter.

I look at Nick and see him look me up and down, kinda slowly. I squint my eyes and smile a little at him.

"you staying tonight?" Nick asks me.
"yep, i'm on food and drink duty. I'm going with Z, do y'all know where he is?" i ask them.
"COMING" i hear Z yell from down the hallway.

Zion walks in and I hop off the counter.

"you ready, girl?" he asks me.
"yeah, let's go" i tell him as we both start to walk out the door.
"see ya later" Brandon tells us.

We get in my car and drive to the closest supermarket. As we walk in, a girl who looks about 16 comes up to Z and asks if she can take a picture with him. I offer to take the picture. Once we talk to her for a minute or two, she walks off.

"damn you really doing meet and greets in the grocery store." i joke. He laughs and tell me to shut up.

We pick up some sodas, popcorn, chips, candy, etc. We decide to go to the self checkout since "ain't no one got time for that shit" as Zion says. We're just almost done scanning everything when i notice i didn't grab lemonade.

"oh Austin says he wanted lemonade, lemme go grab that real quick" i tell him.
"ay don't be long imma look like a weirdo just standing here" He jokes. This made me laugh as i walk to the bottled drinks.

I find the isle and walk down it looking at each drink section. I see there is a tall guy at the other end of the isle and look up to see who it is. My stomach drops when I see who it is. I'm too close to avoid it now. I try to walk away, but hear my name.

"y/n?" the guy says.
"dylan. hi." i say, turning around, yet still on the other side of the isle.
"didn't think the next time i talked to you would be me running into you like this"
"yeah kinda odd" i say, awkwardly.
"i mean i thought you cared about me more than to just go and drop me" he says walking a little closer.
"i thought you cared about me enough to not cheat on me multiple times." i say with attitude.
"wow. you've gotten snappy since last time i saw you."
"you don't control me anymore"
"oh yeah? wanna bet?" he says walking to me faster.

"y/n? hey why you taking so long" Zion comes from around the corner just in time. He could obviously see I had a worried face.

"i get it now. you two finally are together now. huh and you told me not to worry about him." Dylan says as he points to me and Z.
"We're not actually, but i don't think that's any of you business, my guy." Zion says walking a little closer to Dylan.
"I'll make it my business" Dylan tells Z.

I step in between them, facing Zion. "Alright great talk." i say sarcastically as I put my hands on Zions chest as he turns forward again and we walk away.

"i've always hated that asshole" he says, angered.
"I'm sorry about taking so long"
"No it's okay I could see why"

We get back to the self checkout and take the bags to my car. Once we both get in the car, i give Z the aux.

"You okay, y/n?" He asks me.
"Yeah just annoyed."
"The movie will make you feel better" he tells me as I drive out of the parking lot.

——————————
i gotta long chapter for y'all today :) yo welcome folks 🥳
i gotta go to school in ONE DAY 🥺
thanksgiving break kinda sucked but that's whatever.
COMMENT! VOTE! 💙