7: Cops

Two or three weeks go by and i don't think of Dylan very much at all. It affected me for a few days, because the relationship was so draining. Anyway, I party like i'm newly single almost every night, because I am. I go all out, and have a few one night stands, but make sure it's not anyone I know. I've always been pretty good at choosing good guys for that sorta thing. I see Nick at three or four clubs or parties and think about what Court said and how I should go for him. He was almost never alone, though. He had a girl leaning on him or was with the guys laughing along. I could tell he saw me some nights, too. We had definitely gotten closer, since I hung out around the prettymuch house often now. I had gotten closer to all the boys.

One night, just recently, I was at one of my girls parties. It was at her house and it went crazy. It was definitely one of the best parties I had been to in the past month or two. I was dancing with Zion, but suddenly I did a slower spin while dancing to the beat and when I got back around, it was Nick.

I jumped a little cause it surprised me.
"Not what you thought you'd see?" Nick leans in and asks, so i can hear him.
"ehhh, just a little shorter than I thought" I joke.
"ohh haha yeah short jokes here we go, i'm still taller than you." Nick says.
"Good job, you're taller than a girl" i grin and laugh.
"wooooah ok now, at least i'm old enough to be here" He tells me.
"how'd you now i'm 20?" i ask him.
"I know a lot of things" he says smiling at me, slightly closer since the music got louder.
"mhm? so you stalk me now?" i ask him.
"How old and I" he says.
"22, it was literally just your birthday" i laugh.

Nick gives me a look like proving a point. I notice he's talking about how i know more about him.

"ok not fair, i didn't see that coming" i laugh.

Nick and I dance more, talk more and we for sure drink more. We get closer and closer and he's definitely getting touchy as we dance. His hands find my hips and we follow whatever the songs beat is. My hands easily rest on his shoulders and around his neck. I flip his hat backwards and he laughs. He starts to lean closer and our foreheads suddenly are leaning on each other. I grin and mouth the lyrics to the song. I notice he keeps looking from my eyes to my lips and back up. I do the same for a split second, but before I could do anything, someone yells from the front of the house, surprisingly above all the music and people.

"aye!! cops are shutting it down"

I lift my head up, and look real fuckin worried. I'm not of age at all to be this drunk, so if i'm stopped, i'm done for. This is exactly what Nessa always warns me about. Nick obviously sees how i'm kinda scared.

"ohhh shit you're-" he says before i cut him off.
"shhh, i gotta get outta here." i say looking for an exit.

A lot of people were filing out the front, but i see a lot of them were getting stopped. Me being as fucked up as I am, i can barely make out where i can get out at. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around.

"y/n, y/n follow me" It's Nick.

I follow him out thought a random garage door, that I would've never seen by myself. We go fast out the door until we're actually on the sidewalk. I turn and see the cops down the road a little, at the party front door.

"be cool, be cool" He tells me.

We walk slowly and normally down the sidewalk until we get a block away. We laugh and joke a little about how smart we are at that kinda thing. We turn the corner and see Zion and Brandon getting into Zions car. We run up to the car and Z and B are rushing, too. I hop in the back with Nick. Brandon drives off.

"Holy shit that could've ended bad." Zion says laughing hard. You can tell he's fucked up just by his laugh.
"I would've been fine, i'm sober as hell, unlike all y'all" Brandon tells us.
We laugh and Brandon offers to drop me off at my house. It is sort of of the way to their house. We pull into my driveway and I thank them all for the ride and the great night. Right before I get out I look at Nick and we kinda share a look. He smiles and I start walking up to my door, but hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and see Zion.

"Hey whatchu doing" i ask.
"Walking you to your door." He tells me.

We step up to my door step.

"Thank you for the fun night, I will definitely feel it tomorrow." i cringe and hold my head.
Zion starts to walk away again before I stop him.
"hey hey Z, I wanted to ask you somethin" I say, seriously.
"yeah what's up y/n"
"Is Nick like, i guess, idk like..." i say and look away like i'm thinking.
"ohhh i see what u mean" he says smiling. "Well no actually i'm really drunk, what you mean?"

"Is he, what you would say, single...not in a relationship." i ask.
Zion thinks for a sec and gives almost a considerable look to me. Not a good sign.

"yes he is not in a relationship, but he's not really a relationship type the past few months" he says
"what you mean?" i ask.
"He had a long-distance girlfriend, but they broke up like a year and a half ago. From what he told me, she didn't wanna give enough in the relationship and basically asked him to come visit her and she would never see him. Ever since her, he's been a lil hoey at parties and shit. He's had little flings, but nothing special."

After hearing this, i thought it would hurt, but it just didn't. I almost expected it.

"ok thanks for telling me" i say.
"why you askin, girl" he grins.
"to be honest, i saw something with him, but I kinda gotta think about it."
"I gotchu."
"well, night Z, love ya" i say, as i turn and walk into my door way.
"love u, y/n"

—————————————
i'm rlly liking how this is turning out 😇
COMMENT!!! i needa tha feedback,
lots of love 💛