47: Birthday, 1

The meeting with my team didn't last too long, but once I was out, I was starving. It was already 2:30pm and I still hadn't eaten today. I decided I would just go through the drive thru at Qwench juice bar and get a smoothie with a wrap or something. My head was still killing me and I felt super dizzy. I didn't know what was going on today, but I was hitting every red light. I couldn't wait and just began digging into my food as I drove home. It took quite a bit of my time up, but I finally got back to my house. I pulled in and didn't see Nessa's car in the driveway, so I could tell she wasn't home. I took advantage of the peace and quiet and decided to get some studying done. I stepped inside and almost instantly got out my book bag. I made my way to my table and sat down. With a new semester starting up recently, I have had some pressure to get off on a good foot. I knew the work I was doing was not mandatory, but I still wanted to get it done, get ahead and stuff.

I had my phone on the counter charging as I was working. I didn't want to be distracted, but I guess I left my ringer on since I heard someone begin to call me. I had only been working for about an hour and this is the first call I had got. I stood up from the chair and picked up my phone to see it was Zion calling. I slid over the answer button and held the phone up to my ear.

"hey" i said.

"hey how you feel?"

"like shit, how'd you know"

"cause you went hard last night and I knew how bad it would hit you." he laughed.

"i took some medicine a little bit ago, i'll be fine"

"you better start to feel better before tomorrow"

"why tomorrow?" i asked.

"bruhhh whatchu mean why? you got this thing called a birthday"

"ugh I genuinely forgot about my birthday party" i groaned. Don't get me wrong, I love having birthdays. I mean, they're fun and all. The part of having a birthday party is the not so great part. You have to set us everything and it always cost so much money. Then you gotta invite people you don't even really like. I don't know, just not my favorite part. I do a party every year though still. This year, Court and Nessa knew how much I hate setting them all up, so they did all the hard stuff for me, as my gift. They invited everyone and bought all the decor and cups and things like that. I would just have to help them set it up and get ready.

"how you forgot about that tho?" Z said.

"I try to forget that I have to be in a house with hundreds of people there for me."

"first of all; not hundreds of people. second off; you know you love attention, girl" Z laughed.

I laughed at this comment. "shut uppp, you know what i mean. Just hard to be the host."

"you know i host all the best parties. Just quit worrying about everyone there and how they feel. It's your party, isn't it?"

"yeah i mean, you're right"

"fuck yeah i'm right, can you think of a time i was ever wrong?"

"i can think of plenty if you wanna start a list" i joked.

"naw naw naw, that my cue to go. hey i'll see you tomorrow night"

"see ya, Z"

I set my phone back on the charger and put away my books. I then set up my favorite TV show in my living room, got a comfy blanket, and snuggled up as I watched. I was about to fall asleep and take a nap, until my front door swans open. I opened my eyes to see Court and Nessa holding tons of bags in their hands. They set them all down on the table as I got up and joined them.