29: Mom

I rush to go over Nick and stand up and almost trip in the process. I made a bunch of noise too i guess because Zion, Edwin and my mom all look over at me.

"mom! what are you doing here?" i say, still groggy from just waking up. I walk over to her and hug her tight.

"i wanted to come surprise you! i missed you, sweetie" she told me.

"i miss you, too, mom." We pull away from the hug while she still keeps her arm around me nicely.

"i came in a few minutes ago and I was greeted by these two!" My mom says as she gestures to Zion and Edwin. "Now i know Zion, from the last few times i've visited, but i didn't catch your name"

"Oh i'm Edwin, nice to meet you."

"nice to meet you, as well." my mom answered."but i missed Zion, too!" she sang as she hugged Zion. He just laughed.

Ever since my mom visited the first time, she has loved  Zion. I have no idea why, but she is always asking about him. She calls him sweetheart and hun, i didn't get it. They got along pretty well, despite being polar opposites of one another.

I see my moms eyes go from smiling at me to looking behind me. I turn around and see that Nick is standing up from the couch with a tight smile on his face. He was beginning to walk over to us.

"oh mom this is Nick, he in the band with-" I began to say.

"so this is the one you've been telling me about?" my mom says, as Nick reaches us. My eyes go wide as i wonder why my mom would think it's a good idea to tell him that. I was surprised.

"uhh"

Just then, Nick put his hand out for her to shake it with a smile on his face. "nice to meet-"

"ohh no we do hugs! come here" My mom embraces him in a hug. "he's cuter than you said, y/n!"

"thank you hahaha" Nick says and laughs politely. While Nicks face is turned to behind her, i make a face at her and throw my hands in the air. She just laughed at my agony. Zion and Edwin thought this was funny, too.

"how long are you here for, mom?" i ask, after they release.

"2 whole days! I need you to show me around everywhere! maybe Zion could help even"

I looked at Zion as he just agreed. "for sure, but the guys and I actually have a meeting in like 20 minutes on the other side of town, so we gotta go"

"ok well it was good meeting you Edwin and Nick."

"nice to meet you as well....ms...?" Nick hesitates, not knowing what to call her.

"Carrie, just call me Carrie, sweetie"

We say goodbye as they step out of the doorway. Before I close the door, Nick looks back and we make eye contact. He just grinned. He's never going to forget what my mom said. I just rolled my eyes back and smiled. The second the door clicks shut, i groan loudly and go lay on the couch with a pillow on my face, pouting.

"Edwin and Nick seem nice" my mom comes and sits by me.

"why would you say all that when NICK IS HERE MOM"

She just laughed at me, teasing me. "just to mess around with you"

"he's going to get scared off now" i turn to look at my mom.

"what? like he doesn't already know all the stuff i said"

"mom, we're not dating or anything even close to dating for that matter."