34: Underage

I was on my phone on Nicks bed with my back against the headboard. He was playing Fortnite on the end of the bed and screaming with whoever he was playing with. I think it was Zion and Haley, from what I could tell. My stomach started growling a lot as I got hungrier and hungrier. I put my phone down and sat next to Nick at the end of the bed as he stared up at the screen. I watched them freak out at the very end of the game and just barely lose, coming in second place. Nick groaned out of frustration when it came up on the screen. He then looked over at me, still talking to Z over the headset.

"i'm hungry" i mouthed to him.

"aight i think i'm done guys" he said as he clicked to turn off his console, taking off the headset as well. "whatchu hungry for" He said as he stood up and slipped on his shoes.

"uhm i don't really care" i answer.

"how bout in&out"

"ehh not that"

"chic-fil-a?"

"mmm no"

"ok uh freddie's?"

"no not that"

"ok so you do care where we do" he laughed.

"how bout P.F. changes"

"works for me"

No one else was home, so Nick and I just went. We got to the restaurant and ate a whole bunch of food. I was starving so this place really hit the spot. I had a great time with Nick. We laughed about the dumbest stuff the whole time. Once we were done eating, the waitress dropped off one ticket. Nick reached for it at first, but I grabbed it first.

"what are you doing?" he asked.

"paying? you know not all of us dine and dash"

"first of all, ive never done that. second of all, i can get the ticket." he laughed.

"no, you get it like every time. lemme get it once or twice"

"you sure you didn't forget your wallet again?"

"oh very funny nick good one" i said sarcastically as i slipped my card into the black card holder. The bill wasn't super bad, and he did pay almost every other time we've gone out. I got my card back and we made our way outside and to Nicks car again. I got in the front seat as Nick got in the driver seat. I felt like my hair was messed up, so I flipped the sun visor down to look in the mirror on it. As i flipped it down, a bag fell into my lap. I picked it up and examined what it was and saw it was joint. I got excited and looked over at Nick who was on his phone, not even paying attention.

"uh nick? great hiding place" i said as i held up the bag.

"yo what the fuck put that down, someones gonna see it" he said pushing in down.

"it's legal in California, dumb ass"

"yeah for people over 21, dUmB AsS" he mocked me back.

"cmon, can we?"

"i don't care but we're going to your house or something"

"no way, Nessa hates when she hears about me doing shit like this. She will smell it instantly."

"k well if we take it to my house then we have to share it with everyone" nick mentions. I shook my head no at this fact.