48: Birthday, 2

My party started at 7 and it was already 2 by now. I decided I could start getting ready while also putting in my hand of work and helping set up. I took a shower and wanted to let my hair air dry. I got dressed into something comfy and went out into my living room. Some people had left and different people arrived since I had been in the shower. I saw Court, Nessa, Zion and Nick in the room. Zion and Nick we're switching between the colors on some of the lights we got and also doing the hard work by putting them all up. At the same time, Court and Nessa were both sweeping.

"hey how can I help?" i asked Court.

"nothing! you're the birthday girl, you just have to look hot tonight" she replied.

"i have a bunch of time, c'mon just lemme do something"

"fine, take all the cups out of the packing and put them in the front"

"you got it"

I started the task that she gave me and it took a little longer than I thought it would. With how many cups she bought, I could see how many people she invited. It was definitely a lot. I started getting super excited from thinking about how much fun tonight actually would be. I finished putting out all the cups and just instantly went onto helping the girls sweep. This only lasted for a couple minutes before Nessa caught me.

"y/n!" she said.

"i know i know" i said putting the broom back up against the wall. "what do I do for the next..." I begin to say as I check my phone to see the time. "...4 hours"

"you need to still get ready, do you know what you're gonna wear?"

"I have a couple things picked out"

"then go pick one" she said with a smile.

I groaned and stomped out of the room, joking around. I got into my room and got the the few options I was choosing between out of my closet. I placed them all on my bed as I stood at the end, staring at them all. I stayed there for what felt like an eternity trying to make different fits and changing around tops, but couldn't pick one. After feeling defeated, I went back to everyone in my living room.

"I can't decide" i said.

"y/n" Court said, angrily.

"I need help!"

"ay I gotchu, believe it or not I have great taste" Nick said as he stood up from the couch and began walking down the hall to my room. I followed behind him as we walked in. He held the door open for me and shut the door behind me. I stood next to my bed and gestured my hand towards the outfits.

"ok lets see what we workin wit" he said as he rubbed his hands together and walked to the end of the bed, looking at them. He looked closely and switched stuff around, just like I had been doing.

"yeah i can't get a good look until you try them on for me" he said, almost joking around.

"if I have to" I said, laughing. Nick jumped on the top of my bed, near the pillows like a little kid, and laid back with his hands behind his head. I changed into the first outfit.

#1

I finally got it all on as I stood to the side and looked at Nick

I finally got it all on as I stood to the side and looked at Nick. His eyes were roaming my whole body as I adjusted a little.

"whatcha thinking" i say

"well, obviously it's hot as fuck"

"i should wear this one?" i ask laughing.

"naw naw i need to see ALL options, baby"

I just rolled my eyes and switched into my second option.

#2

"wooooo" Nick acted like he fainted, just to make me laugh

"wooooo" Nick acted like he fainted, just to make me laugh. "is it hot in here?"

"okay you like this one, i'm guessing?"

He just answered by nodding his head and looking me up and down. I changed into my final option.

#3

I looked back to Nick as he didn't say anything, he was just licking his lips and staring

"hey i think you got a lil somethin right uh right here" I say as I motion to my mouth, talking about him practically drooling. He just laughed and covered his face.

"plus this is the one that covers the most so you know i'm all for it" Nick teased.

Even when we were just starting to be friends he's made jokes about that. I laughed at what he said.

"i hate you" i chuckled.

"i love you"

Those words stuck out like a sore thumb. He said it so casually as he was laughing still, almost like he didn't mean to. I couldn't tell if he even noticed what he said. When he did say it, I looked away from the mirror to look at him, but by that time he was already pulling out his phone and wasn't looking at me. I could feel my face heating up, so I changed back into some comfy clothes. Once I was done I laid back on my bed.

"so which one you choosin?" he asked me.

"mmm which one do you think is best?"

"third one for sure"

"i guess it's settled" i said with a smile.

————————

have a good day wherever you are and if it's night the sleep well :)

🌻⚡️🍃🍄💫🌙🦋🌞