42: Cooks

outfit:

I was finishing up an essay, as I looked up at the time

I was finishing up an essay, as I looked up at the time. It was already 5pm and I was extremely bored. I didn't have anything else to write with my essay and I was kind of stuck, to be honest. I just decided to go over to the PM house now. I grabbed my keys before leaving and making the 20 minutes drive to their house. It was going to be dark in not too long. I drove up into the driveway and got out of the car. I just walked up the steps and through the front door like I always do, but I kind of regretted it after I looked up. I saw Maggie and Brandon on top of each other, making out quite aggressively on the couch. They didn't stop when I walked in, and I felt a little awkward. I just went into the kitchen without saying anything to them. When I walked in, I saw Nick with a bunch of stuff products all the counters.

"heyyy" i say, getting his attention.

"hey, what's up"

"um have you seen Maggie and B in the living room?" i laughed.

"i'm sure their eating each others faces, right?" he said, looking at the back of a package of something.

"uhhh yeah"

"they do that a lot now"

"well, what are we making?"

"about that, you know...i don't wanna be no basic Italian...buuuttt.."

"fettuccine alfredo?" i guessed.

"yeah fettuccine alfredo" he laughs. "I really hope you know how to boil pasta"

"that's kind of one of the easiest things to cook"

"that's why i'm giving that job to you" he grins playfully.

"woooow, ok i see"

Nick got out his speaker a few minutes later and he just told me what he needed help with as we danced around to the music. Nick had a really good taste in music and it was pretty similar to mine. You probably wouldn't be able to tell the different between our playlists. I was cutting up a garlic clove up as he turned down the music a little.

"ay ay ay ma, you doing this all wrong" he said, walking to me. "lemme show you" He came behind me and wrapped his arms and hands around mine. It was just like a scene from a movie. He held each one of my hands and guided them to slice up and down on the cutting board. I'm not going to lie, he did do a better job than I was.

"see?" he said right next to my ear, making me have goosebumps.

"uh- yeah yeah, that actually looks a lot better" i say, laughing and turned my head up to the left a little to face him. He just smiled back at me as we looked at each other. With his arms wrapped around me, I felt safe. We were both caught up in the moment, but then I saw the water over flowing in a pot on the stove.

"oh shit the uh- the stove" i says, as Nick turns around and quickly takes it off the hot burner. We both went back to doing whatever task was next and laughed it off as I turned back up the music. There wasn't much else to do other than put it all together. Once we finished off the last details, we had a huge dinner sitting in front of us. We knew we would have to feed quite a few people, so it was kind of a lot. We were finally done as I looked over at Nick.

"damn we actually killed this" he said.

"no no this was all you" i said. "even if you did make the pasta over flow"

"alright that wasn't my fault, you're the one who put the stove temperature too high" he said back playing around.

"I put it at the temperature you told me-" i began laughing as Z walks in.

"sorry to interrupt you twos great evening, but i'm hungry as hell sooo y'all done?"

"yeah it's finished" nick said.

Zion called every one into the kitchen and we did a buffet style thing. You get your food on the plate then go sit down with it. The people who were all here were Edwin, Zion, Nick, Austin, Nev, Brandon, Maggie, Izzy, and I. We all just ate in the living room, since the table wouldn't fit all of us. We laughed and had an all together really fun time. A few people commented on how the food was.

"so y/n and nick, y'all made this?" Izzy said.

"yeh, it's not bad is it?" Nick asked.

"no it's super good!"

"you bitches didn't poison us, did you?" Z asked teasing.

"not this time" i joked around.

Once we were all done eating, we ended up starting a movie on the TV. It was already 10:30 pm, too. Edwin went around and cleaned up every ones plates real quick, which I thought was funny. I could feel my eyes drifting asleep, so I figured it was time for me to go home. I got up and said my goodbyes to everyone before beginning to walk away. I saw Nick get up as I left, too. I figured he was walking me out. I got to the door and stepped onto the porch as Nick did too, coming out behind me.

"Thanks for helping me out, I don't think I could've done it that fast without you"

"anytime, it was fun."

"well, night, y/n" he said as he brought me into a hug. I put my arms around his neck as the hug lingered. We pulled away, but only our faces. He looked at me for a second before we leaned in. The kiss was short and sweet. Just what I wanted. I looked back up at him after and saw a smile that stretched across his whole face.

"goodnight" i said, smiling back and walking down the steps.

_______________

12k READS! thank u wow.
AND still # 1 for Nick Mara ☺️

also, it's getting harder and harder to put out chapters and I feel like i'm rushing them without really making them the best i can. sorry for the ones who always read these instantly, but I think I am gonna start posting a little less frequent but definitely longer & better chapters 🤍