36: Jealous

Nick didn't answer me yelling for him. I caught up to be just a few feet behind him.

"Nick what's wrong? why are you flipping out" I yelled to him as he just walked down the sidewalk full of cars. "Nick!"

"what's wrong? you asking what's wrong."he scoffed as he still looked forward.

"yeah, i am asking, cause you just want to randomly leave when you're definitely not in the right head space to do so." He didn't answer. "Nick please calm down and tell me."

He said something under his breath that I couldn't hear as he reached his car, unlocking it.

"Nick, you tell me everything, why can't you just say it." After i said this, he spun around to face me while his back was to the driver side door.

"you just want me to say it?"

"yes! please say it!"

"i don't want to fucking see you and some random dude in my living room dancing on each other." He yelled as he got into the driver seat. I held the door open so he couldn't close it.

"You think I like seeing you with a new girl every party?"

"If we both don't fucking like it when we're with other people, then why don't we do something about it? What the fuck are we doing?" Hearing him say this left me speechless. I just looked back at him. I didn't know what to say. "yeah" Nick said again as he looked down, slightly laughing. He looked back up and pulled the door closed. The window was half down still.

"If you drive drunk right now, then don't expect to ever see me again."

With that, he pulled out and sped down the road. I stood in the same spot, feeling all different types of emotion. I noticed I started breathing heavy, which is something I commonly do when I feel flustered with stress. I ran in my heels all the way back to the front door of the house, as I stormed in. I pushed through each crowd, quickly finding Edwin and Zion in the corner.

"I- I need your keys, ed." I said, still catching my breath.

"why? what's wrong, y/n" he replied.

"Nicks gone, he left and he's mad and drunk and-"

"here" Ed put his keys in my hand. "do you want help? what are you gonna do?"

"i'm just gonna drive around, i don't know yet, but I have to go."

"be careful, y/n" Z said.

I nodded and began leaving, again. I got outside and got into Edwins car, driving down the road. He couldn't be very far away. I circled the close area for about 20 minutes and I didn't see many cars at all. It was late and not many people were on the road, until there was a pile up of a bunch of cars. Traffic backed up down the whole street. As I got further down the road, I saw lots of police car lights and fire truck lights up ahead. I instantly pulled up maps on my phone. It told me that there was a car wreck ahead. My mind obviously goes to the worst. Could it be Nick? It wasn't extremely far away from the PM house.

It was the longest 10 minutes of my life waiting for the car pile up to move forward far enough for me to see the vehicles that were in the crash. I looked hesitantly and saw two cars that I didn't recognize. I took a deep breath as I felt my body calm down. I drove all around LA for the next hour and a half and couldn't find him anywhere. If he didn't want to be found, then he wouldn't be. I drove back to the PM house and walked in the door. I saw that all the guests had left already and the house was left a mess. Zion was cleaning up everything as I stepped into the living room. It was easy to tell I had been crying.

"hey did you find him?" Z said sympathetically.

"no...i looked everywhere." i said as i fell onto the couch. "why are guys so stupid"

"excuse me?" he said chuckling.

"Nick drives off drunk a few weeks after I tell him about my dad. Do you guys just not think?" i say.

All Zion knew about my dad was that he was killed by a drunk driving car accident. That's what most of my close friends know, but not Nick. Nick knows the whole story that only my family knows. Yet, he still does this.

"i texted him a few times, he never answered." Zion says.

"that makes me feel better" i said sarcastically.

"dead ass, don't worry, y/n. You want to stay here tonight?" he implied.

"i can't... i need to go home...take a break"

"break from what"

"everything."