41: Isiah

I went to sleep that night with a huge smile on my face. For the first time in a long time, everything was falling into place. I was doing good in school, I had supportive friends, I was growing through my music and dance, and I also have a tiny crush. That tiny crush would be Nick. Him willing to take it slow with me showed me a lot about him. It first showed me that he genuinely liked me or maybe more than that. It also showed me I wasn't just another one or two time girl for him. I hoped I wasn't wrong.

I woke up to my alarm going off, making that horrible noise. I reached over and tiredly clicked my phone to quit going off. i laid in bed for a little longer before actually getting up. I woke up at about 9, so that I could get to my class. Today, we were going to take a pretty big test for the semester. Our professor said this test would be 60% of our grade, which I thought was kind of unnecessary. Anyway, I hopped in the shower before drying my hair. I didn't have anyone to impress and I also needed to focus on the test, so I wore a pretty lazy outfit. I didn't do much make up all and just slipped on my shoes before leaving my house at 10:30.

I got to class and flew through my test. It went pretty well. It still took me about 2 hours to finish, since it was so many questions, but there were students there who would be taking 4 or 5 hours to finish. Once you're done, you just have to sign out at the front and then you're allowed to go. I packed my bag back up and began making my way down the steps on the side of the desks, before getting to the clipboard up front. I picked up the pen as someone else's hand reached down for it as well. I followed the hand up to a tall boy that looked super familiar.

"oh sorry i-" i said before looking at him with a confused face. "Isiah?"

"Hey what up, y/n" he said back.

"I didn't know you had this class" i said back, as i wrote my name down on the paper.

"Yeah i usually take it on Thursdays, but i'm not going to be in town that day, so I just had to take it earlier"

"sshhhhh" our Professor told us from his desk in the front. I handed the pen to Isiah as I walked out of the class doors. I made my way outside as I just scrolled through my phone. I was almost to my car before I heard footsteps approaching me. I turned to see Isiah, yet again.

"hey, hey y/n what are you doing now?" He said as he walked up.

"Uhm what time is it?"

"1pm"

"I'm not doing much today, why what's up?"

"well, I was wondering if you wanted to go get something to eat for a little." He asked. I was super hungry, and he was being really nice. It wasn't awkward, even after how we met.

"yeah sure! should I just meet you somewhere?"

"for sure for sure, how about Chipotle?"

"how did you know I love Chipotle?" i laughed.

"lucky guess?"

I got in my car and drove to the closest Chipotle. I pulled into a parking spot and saw Isiah pull up in the spot next to me in a extremely nice BMW. I got out of my car and walked all around his.

"oh my god, why didn't you tell me you had a super car?"

"I guess it never came up" he laughed.

We went inside and ate for about an hour. The food was amazing and I had a fun time. Once we were done, we walked out to our cars. We said our goodbyes before I drove out of the parking lot. I was just about home when Nick called me.

"heyo" i say, answering.

"hey, what you doing today?" when he said this, his Jersey accent really came out.

"I'm driving home from class right now actually"

"you have any more class today?"

"nope, just had the one"

"can you come over later?"

"hmmm...what are we gonna do, friend?"

"hahaha you just friend zone me, ma?"

"a little" i laughed.

"well, we could just hang out. The boys wanted me to make dinner tonight cause they say we been eating out too much or somethin. you could help me?"

"yeah that sounds fun. when should I come over?"

"whenever you want, maybe 6?"

"yeah sure"

"aight, see you then"

"bye"

————————

short chapter, sorry bout that
11k reads?! ☺️