39: Feelings

I get back into the driver seat with Nessa and Court still in the car. I just stare blankly at the wheel, shocked almost.

"what took you so long?" Nessa said, looking over at me. I snap out of it and look back to her.

"uhm... Nick is home, actually."

"oh my god what happened" Court says, leaning into the front seat, from the back.

"i- uh.." i said slowly, still in shock from thinking about the conversation. "he apologized a lot and-and then he said he....said he was falling in love with me" There was a silence as both Nessa and Courts jaws dropped open.

"girl-" court said, just as shocked as me.

"wait a damn minute" Nessa said, holding up one finger.

"what does that mean? is it like i'm falling in love with you like i love you or i may love you soon or i just really like you and will love you eventually? i don't get-" i start rambling before Nessa stops me.

"hey hey, y/n, take a breath." Nessa put her hand on my shoulder. "if i knew what he meant then i'd tell you"

"guys are confusing." Court adds in.

"do you have feelings for him?" Nessa asks. I knew my answer. I had never said it out loud, yet.

"i-....yeah i do" i said. "i like him a lot, i have for awhile, it's just...against the rules we had as friends with benefits. Also, because...you know Nick, he's not the most relationship driven guy. He's always making his way around."

"girl this is crazy!" Nessa said.

"I knew you had a mans or something, i could just tell." Court said cheesing. I just laughed back. "Do you think you would date him, like seriously date, that is?"

"I've thought about it a little, but I always go back to the fact that he has a million hoes and I feel like i'm just gonna be one of them. and you can't forget about Dylan and all his shit"

"i would tell him all of this if I were you" Nessa added. "We should probably leave his driveway now though."

"oh shit, yeah" i say as i put the car in reverse and we finally leave to go shopping. We drove to the nice shops that were like 45 minutes away. Court and Nessa said i should "treat myself." We shopped at almost every brand name you could think of. It was so much fun to get out in the fresh air, again. I realized it was stupid to think i could stay in my room forever. We had shopped till our wallets were empty, but now we were hungry. We decided to go to Olive Garden since their food always slaps. We got sat to our table and they brought out the salad and breadsticks. We had taken a few pics earlier while we were about to leave the shops, so I posted it on instagram. It was a photo of Nessa and I, that Court took.

INSTAGRAM

👤y/n: roommate and bestfriend all in one🤍      - tagged: Nessa_Brocktherealnickmara, giovanny and 488,238 others liked

      - tagged: Nessa_Brock
therealnickmara, giovanny and 488,238 others liked

COMMENTS

user1: my favorites!!!!
         | y/n liked

louisdippia: i miss you two
            | y/n: miss u more 🥺 when we hangin?

user2: i'm only here for Nessa 🥱
user3: slaying me. rn.
user4: spend more fucking money holy sh

Nessa_Brock: you my bae forever☺️
                     | y/n: i luv u! ❤️

Zionkuwonu: my favorite girls
             | y/n liked

user5: vote u fool
user6: thanks for reading btw

jabezvill: oh you got MONEY money
           | y/n: bruhhhh

maggielindemann: BEAUTIES 🖤
              | y/n: you my everything.

user7: i'm tired
user8: SO CUTE

edwinhonoret: y'all killin it again?!
              | y/n: what can i say 🥱

brandonarreaga: yo gimme some friends like this...
             | austinporter: i'm right here 😊
                       | brandonarreaga: idk you bro
                                  | y/n: lmaoooo

We ate and had a great time. Our server was cute and Court ended up leaving her number on a napkin for him. Court was the spontaneous one of us three. After we payed and left, we saw him pick up the note with her number on it & read it. I laughed so hard I swear I almost peed my pants. It was one of those nights when we were laughing at all the little things. We drove back to Courts house to drop her off while blaring the best songs ever; singing at the top of our lungs. The music continued all the way until Nessa and I pulled back into our driveway. As soon as I turned off the car, Nessa began talking.

"I'm happy you came out with us today" she said, grabbing a hold of my hand.

"I am, too. Thank you for getting me out of my slump." i laughed.

"If it weren't for me, what would you do?"

"i don't even know, girl" i pulled her into a quick hug.

"Okay so...i feel bad." she said, guilty, pulling out of the hug.

"uh why?"

"Because Emmet asked if I could come over tonight. Will you be okay here by yourself?"

"yes! do not worry about me"

"you sure? i can stay if you need-"

"no!" i stopped her. "i think i'm just gonna catch up on my show and then go to sleep or something. If i get lonely, i'll call Court."

"ooookay, well i think i'm just going to head over there now, then"

"go be with your boo" i joked as we got out of the car. I took all my bags inside as I waved goodbye to Nessa. I got inside and put away all the items I bought while listening to my chris breezy playlist. I was kinda jamming out, not gonna lie. I had to try on every item of clothing I had bought before putting it on hangers, obviously.

Once I was finished, I put on some pj shorts and a cropped tshirt before wrapping up in a blanket. I made my way to my living room and put on the show You. I was about to doze off before I heard a car door shut outside. I figured it could've been Nessa coming home early or maybe Z coming over, but then 5 minutes passed and no one came in the door or even knocked. I cautiously peeked my head to look out my front window that looked over my driveway. I squinted my eyes to make sure I was seeing right.

It was Nick pacing back and forth next to his car, that was now parked in my driveway.

———————————-

i hope everyone had a good New Years btw :)
OKAY UH 9k READS?!
thank u so much 🥺  
and still #1 for nick mara haha lets go 😎