THIRTY EIGHT

Book suggestion at the end.

Manik's car halted at Nandini's mansion after a slow drive since they had been silent from the time they had left the place.

"So" Manik said.

"So?" Nandini was still lost in her thoughts.

"I think it's time to leave." Manik chuckled pointing at her house.

"Oh yeah. We're home." Nandini looked around realising her surroundings as she got out of the car.

"So i'll take your leave. It's getting cold now." Manik said walking her to the porch.

"Sure." she said as he sat back at the driver's seat.

Nandini walked to the other side till his window before he could leave, making him confused, "something wrong?"he asked.

"Manik" Nandini bent to him.

"Yeah" Manik's voice stuttered watching her so close to him.

"Have coffee, when we reach back home." saying so nandini laughed pushign herself to stand straight.

"Miser" Manik murmured under his breath.

"You said something?" Nandini asked. 

"No ofcourse not, so i'll take your leave now." Manik said turning his engine on.

"Okay go." Nandini snickered looking at his expression. 

"Yes i am leaving." Manik gave her a look.

"Manik?" Nandini called him with a smile.

"What now?" Manik asked in an annoyed voice. Nandini moved forward and gave a slight peck on his cheek and ran off inside as quickly as possible while Manik was left back with a shy smile on his face.

MANIK'S POV

Idiot girl, but she's sweet and simple too. Manik what is wrong with you, why am i smiling like a lovestruck guy. I've never felt like this whenever Alya was close to me. You've done more than this with her but such a small kiss, why does it mean so much. Gosh if i keep thinking about this then i'll surely go mad.

AUTHOR'S POV

Nandini's heartbeat was at it's maximum. She closed the main door and held her hand to her chest. It was thumping over there as if she just ran a marathon. The slight blush refusing to leave her face.But she had to maintain a decorum now, she was on a mission now.

Nandini walked upto Cabir's room, this was not going to be easy. Cabir had never told her about Manik and him being friends so it was definitely a big thing. Haulting at his door she huffed a sigh and was ready to talk.

"Hey Cabir!" she greeted him with a big smile.

"Woah you scared me. Looks like you surely had a good day." Cabir said letting her in.

"A very good day." Nandini beamed with happiness.

"The kids liked it. didn't they?" Cabir asked.

"Liked? They loved it. That is why you have the best ideas." Nandini gave him a hug for a thank you.

"So what is it now? Do you wanna say something to me?" Cabir asked as if reading her mind.

"I never said that i came here for something." Nandini fidgeted with her fingers as Cabir gave her a soft smile. Gently taking her hand in his, he made her sit at the edge of the bed.

"Agreed that you never said that but i heard it from your heart. So now be quick because i am sleepy." he said.

"Cabir. Please don't think like i don't trust you or something but-" Nandini felt wierd as if she was going to put him in a spot.