The Neighbors Wife (ii)

The Neighbor's Wife 

[Part 2]

One turned into series of nights. Nights seemed to be on repeat. Our bodies memorized the drill. The longevity of the hours we could take. Curious much on how long we had been doing it?

Five months. Five long months we managed to fool around without getting caught by her husband. I enjoyed it. I'd be a liar if I say I didn't. At first it scared me, but then I thought, I needed something in life that was thrilling enough to make me feel chills everytime I do it. The same amount of excitement and anticipation swirling in my chest every damn night with her was the answer.

Mrs. Howard was the woman who'd make you beg in bed, she liked hair pulling, light choking and leaving love bites all over your skin. She loved to mark her territory and the thought of that made me feel special in a way I could not place a word. The woman also loved pampering me afterwards, not just with random affections but also with material gifts.

Some days when her husband was away for a while and she had nothing to do, she would take me out and buy me things that I don't essentially need. She was the one who'd never take "no" for an answer, she'd always have it in her own way. Now I had all the things that I only dreamed of having before.

At first, I was feeling guilty for all of it, but then she made me understood that I don't have to because it was her decision to give me those things and then I would thank her for everything, make her feel good and whatever I could do in exchange for her kindness and generosity.

She'd also give me some money knowing college required it for so many reasons, that was one thing we had an argument about. I could take all the gifts but the money? It was too much. I didn't talk to her for a week, then I struggled at school paying for the books I needed then I had to pay for my student loan. I was one second away from crying wishing I could swallow my pride and accept what was being offered.

Then I received an email from school saying everything was all covered, that I could pick up my books and I was out of debt with my student loan. I knew she paid for it. I could not be mad at her, I just sat then on my couch staring blankly on my window. Why would she do that? She kept saving me, over and over again.

She kept on making me feel so so much about her that my chest couldn't take it all at once. It wasn't just the money but the affection that Mrs. Howard poured on me. How did I get so lucky but at the same time miserable especially after finding out that I actually had feelings for her. 

She was married, had a stable life and a husband who makes fortune but those didn't define her, Mrs. Howard was a woman who could stand alone and still be successful. But would she leave those things for me? I don't know. I couldn't say. I don't wanna know.

The bell rang tearing my thoughts off my head, I had zoned out again. Composing myself, I stood up and walked out of the room. It was my last class for the day, my friends invited me to stay with them and hang out but my body screamed for a long steamy shower and for my bed and just call it a day already.

Walking outside the building and out of the university light rain began to fall but the sun shone brightly which was odd but fascinating. On a not for far distance from the fence of the school a black car that was all too familiar was parked on the side of the road. It was Mrs. Howard's.

It was like a slow motion, she exited the car with a black umbrella, her black stilettos made intimidating sounds from the ground as she took each step, she wore another set of her tailored pantsuit – my favourite: a black flared pants matched with a black coat. Underneath it, I knew she had nothing. Her hair was in beach waves flying behind her along with the wind. She walked up to me then directed me to the passenger's side of her car, she opened it for me and waited to get inside before shutting it and sliding in the driver's seat.