Out of Love (Sarah Paulson ft. You)

I was on my way home, bouquet of freshly trimmed roses was sitting on the passenger side

My mind couldn't help but wonder to her face, to those lips that soon I knew would form the sweetest smile of all. 

I had a secret reservation in this restaurant we occasionally had out dinner dates. 

It was where the first place I met her, a mutual friend of ours introduced us to each other. Being a bit brave there because I may have had some tequila I asked her after the dinner party. 

Now we were going on our fifth year anniversary. 

and it was the day I'd be asking for her hand in terms of marriage. 

I'd be asking her to be my wife. Few more blocks and I'd be home. 

Momentarily I was in our door step, with flowers in hand. The door opened revealing the woman I loved. She wasn't dressed yet. I texted her an hour before...maybe the message failed to send...

Play this here 

"Hey, um...can we talk? it's very urgent." She asked right away when I entered, the smile on my face dropped seeing her facade, she looked restless. Today was her day off, wasn't it?

I handed her the flowers but she just put them aside, not bothering on reading the letter I attached onto it. 

Her eyes won't settle with my own, she had been shying her gazes away from me ever since I came home. Her touch was cold and instead of kissing me on the lips she just kissed my cheeks. 

"Uh, yeah sure. Let's talk about it. You want wine?" She nodded,

Pouring in the wine and filling the glass wine halfway. 

I knew something was off, 

Lumps kept on forming in my throat, I couldn't breathe normally. 

I knew her too damn well, she would only accept wine when she get pretty nervous to say something. 

She said she was fine but I was skeptical plus the way she acted and her voice they showed me otherwise. 

We sat in the dinner table. I was next to her. She kept on fidgeting with the hem of her shirt, upper teeth sinking on her lower lip. She was anxious. 

"(y/n)...I can't do this anymore." finally after sometime she spoke but I wish she just did not. From the moment I entered I felt this coming. 

When did everything go wrong?