Fairytale (Cordelia Goode ft You)

so i had a little time to write this. It's short and full of fluff. I'm just really in the condition for something pure and soft so my mind came up with this. enjooooy. 

A wide smile stretched on her plumped lips that I could see even from the closed gates where I stood with my suitcases behind me. Right then, I knew, she already claimed a part of me and it was my heart.

She descended the stairs and walked so gracefully. Her long cream coloured dress that reached her ankles and had puffy sleeves could be qualified as a wedding dress, she looked so pristine, so delicate, so lovely.

When she reached the gates and opened them herself, I was even more captivated with how she smelled. The soft smell of vanilla laced in my nostrils. It was an unforgettable moment.

I got there in a midday of summer, most girls flew back home to have a few weeks of vacation and the Academy was only occupied by several girls who decided to stay and help Ms. Goode or perhaps the Academy itself was their home and Ms. Goode was the only parent figure they had.

On the first day I wasn't pressured to do anything, Ms. Goode was kind enough to help me settle in my own room which was only next to hers and I got it just for myself. It was small but fine. It was kind of embarrassing when she reckoned from how I just threw my daily clothes in my dresser that at the age of twenty-six I still didn't know how to fold.

I could vividly remember how she shook her head – not disappointingly but in an amused way and sauntered towards where I sat, she stretched out her arms, her palm was facing me. I reluctantly gave her my shirt and she folded it neatly in less than a minute.

I insisted she didn't have to do the rest of my clothes me but she shushed me with a finger by placing it on my lips and I swear to God, I felt something. Denying the strong fondness that grew in my chest for the woman was something that didn't cross my mind.

Why deny it? It won't hurt as long as I have it under control, right?

Friendship blossomed within just a week, in the morning we often found ourselves within each other's company in the greenhouse sharing those dreams we had with some tea she prepared.

Our similarities bonded us closer, I never felt it with anyone obviously because I never really had anyone in my life who stayed for a long time, everyone ditched me after finding out that I could make an object float somehow despite the lameness of my ability it threatened them. I would totally understand if I could lit objects on fire but no.

Back to Ms. Goode, so from having this friendship status it went to a different level, it happened when I accidentally confessed to her about how I felt through sleep talking. It was the most pure way of confessing the feelings according to her. Despite being unconscious of what was happening behind our closed eyes, our minds were awake and we could still feel things and voice them out.

That night, I repeatedly confessed my feelings like a ritual and it awoke her so she checked up on me. She shook my body gently to wake me up and it worked, we didn't talk, we only shared an intimate stare for a few moments.

She then held me close, sliding in my covers and guiding my head to her chest. It was the closest we had ever been with each other. Soon I was drifting off to sleep, my arm clung onto her. It was the most peaceful sleep I had ever have. Still asleep but aware, I felt her kissed my head so I snuggled closer to her neck and placed a small kiss on her skin. I felt her body tensed at the feeling and I secretively grinned to myself.

In the morning I was surprised to be still holding her under me, turned out I was almost laying on top of her. Her brown eyes were pools of honey as the natural light hit them, she smiled at me and say, "How was your sleep, sweetheart?" and my heart couldn't help but melt at her words. I didn't answer right away, I poked her cheek causing her brows to furrow.

After concluding it was really her and I wasn't hallucinating, I smiled back and say, "You're so warm." Then I snuggled back, placing my head under her chin and feeling how her skin was so soft and alive.

"(y/n)?"

"Yes?"

"This is absolutely unusual for someone like me, a grown woman who's the headmistress of this Academy who has a lot of responsibilities to take care of to be still in bed at nine in the morning snuggled with her student but you know what? Fuck that because I love you too."

"You what?"

"(y/n), I love you. I just realized it when I held you close last night against my chest. We shared a different bond, I don't see you the way I do with Zoe and Madi. I saw myself with them as a mother figure but with you, it's totally something more."

"I don't know what to say." I was too dumb not to see this coming. My eyes stayed fixated on hers waiting for her to vanish or to crack it up as a joke but all I found within those eyes was her sincerity.

So I thought why talk when I could just kiss her?

I was that confident so I did. I kissed Cordelia Goode.

"I love you, Delia." I said while my lips were still pressed on her. Sparks ignited in my chest, I was holding myself back to not do more than kissing but I was so weak so I pulled myself away and laid beside her. Panting with a grin on my face.

"Wow, I made out with the Supreme." I commented making her giggle. That morning she took me out for breakfast and the rest of the day was spent with only us two in the picture. She took me to the places I had never been, she even held my hand and kissed it a few times not caring if some prying eyes were on us.

That day I felt so loved. I finally was experiencing the fairytale feeling with the one and only, Cordelia Goode.