My Kind Of Holiday (ii)

My Kind of Holiday
[Including all of Paulson's AHS characters]

[last part]

           Taking a seat at the dinner table had been just a part of my imagination – yes, my family do own a set of dinner table but it kept unused. We never really sat down, have a normal family dinner and talk about stuffs.

With these people occupying the spaces, the table overflowing with foods and laughters erupting loudly – the contagiousness of this happy feeling continuing to spread and Billie who continually kept me on check, she might not notice or simply did not try to hide it but either way, I felt flattered knowing she glanced at me from time to time – the thoughtfulness of that action just made my heart swoon.

Audrey's voice was on the lead above all, her accent thick within her words. She was telling them about her experience on the red carpet with Leonardo Di Carpio on the recent awarding event that was attended by hundreds of celebrities. Everyone could tell how Audrey enjoyed being a famous individual, and all of the attention she got from her admirers, nonetheless, she wasn't one those self-absorbed bubble heads.

This Audrey Tindall here wore a simple white button up shirt double her own size and some mom jeans – a combination of clothes that would draw quizzical looks from people who were used to seeing her so glammed up. Nothing about her looked excessive except for the diamond ring she had – the only piece of accessory she was flaunting. Must be their wedding ring. Her face, that gorgeous face, a little wrinkles there, some freckles and other imperfection but in overall, she was naturally beautiful and Shelby right here was one hell of a lucky woman.

"So any news about the twins? I thought they were coming." Lana asked exchanging looks with Cordelia and Billie, she took another sip of her wine before putting the glass down and raising a brow.

"They both gone into labour on Christmas eve, Lana." Sally joined in, "Oh, right. Jimmy has finally got himself a boy." Wilhemina added looking down on her steak as she cut a small piece.

The small curve on her plum lips was telling a story of her own, "Wait!" Sally exclaimed making my body jump, all eyes were on her, "Tell me it's a girl, Mina." She then said, keeping her eyes darted on her friend, it shifted to Ally who had a wide smile spread on her lips. "It's a girl, Sal." Ally confirmed it in behalf of Mina.

"We're having a girl." Mina breathed out before pulling her wife into a languid kiss that made me want to do it with someone too.

"All right! bet's off. Billie, you owe me a hundred." The woman had a comical expression on her face, well I would too if I just won a hundred dollars for guessing the child's gender. "No shit Sal, you made Misty guess for you."

"Did she?" that was Cordelia who turned to her wife, "Yeah, I felt it's a she when I touched her bump." Her accent was interesting, no doubt she was from New Orleans where my dad grew up. Misty swallowed a spoonful of mashed potato unapologetically and kept humming. Cordelia who caught the side of tiny crumbles of biscuit on the corner of Misty's lips had wiped it. "Thank yah, Dee."

"Welcome, baby."

After dinner we all went to the living room, the rest of the women sat in the sectional couch whilst I took a seat on the armchair near the fireplace. They were all conversing, catching up on those significant things. Exchanging gifts just like a one big happy family.

"So, how are you?" light gasp came out of my mouth as my grip on the arm of the chair tightened, I looked behind me and saw the wild blonde – Sally, smiling down at me like I'm her newly found prey.

"I'm... great." Not convincing, by the way how I said it made it a lot more obvious. "I could sense the panic, babygirl. Your heart pounding so fast." Like a flashing light, her hand reached out and nestled it above my chest, desperate to feel the beat. With my flushed face and barely functioning mind, I just stared at her who displayed a skittish face.