My Kind Of Holiday (Billie D.H ft You)

My Kind of Holiday
[Including all of Paulson's AHS characters]

[Part i]

It's Christmas again. A day in 365 where families are gathering together to share a bountiful feast, share blessings, give thanks to everyone and show love. Not in this household though, there's no such thing as a holiday. Everyday is the same.

My parents are as usual spending the whole Christmas day in their offices accomplishing God knows what that is probably and apparently more important than being with me - their only child. Something that isn't new. I've grown used to it the only thing is, it's getting sadder each year but girl's gotta battle with it otherwise I would be depressed when the New Year comes and I don't want that.

I've thought of throwing a party - my party, but then as I think about the preparation, all the food and drinks and the mess afterwards. Nope. Definitely not happening. So now, I sat here on our front porch with my dog resting on my lap, a bowl of Ben and Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough keeping my misery away.

Stealing a brisk glance down on my phone that just vibrated from the coming notification, it was a message from my father followed by another from my mother. I bet my ass that their messages only contained the same content. I laughed with sympathy for myself knowing I was right. They won't make it to dinner. Good thing I haven't cooked yet.

I long sigh poured out from my lips before looking down at my dog who's resting peacefully on my lap, "Thank you for always being here for me, pal." As if he sense the cracking tone in my voice, he used his head to soothe me. Rubbing his tiny head on my stomach and letting hia tongue hang from his mouth.

"Let's go inside, it's getting colder." I picked him up and hugged him closer, securing him in my arm as I balanced the bowl and phone in my other hand. He was born with only two legs, the front ones didn't develop normally so I really have to carry him.

After I settled him down on a pillow in the living room, I put my left over ice cream back in the fridge. I was about to call for a pizza delivery when I was cut off by the doorbell. My dog looked at me with wide eyes, his ears are standing up. I took a step not tearing my glance at him, he then wiggled his body in attempt to jump down.

"C'mere, you." I took him with me and opened the door. On a not so far distance, I saw a blonde standing behind the iron gate. It was Ms Hollywood, herself in a nice coat. "Ms. Howard, what you doin' here?" My mother didn't bother her to check up on me, or did she...

Sometimes I wonder what it feels like to be friends with celebrities specially this woman here.

I stepped down the few stairs, barefooted and walked to the gate and opened it. "Are you doing anything tonight, sweetheart?" she asked, looking down at Peter and patting his head. Her lips curved into a warm smile. "My parents cancelled on me, so no Ms. Howard. I'm all free." I responded, giving away a hint that if ever she invited me, I would be pleased to come with her.

"Yes, I noticed that." Oh yes, of course she did. Her luxurious home is only built right in front of ours. It wouldn't be that hard to peer from the window and see her eighteen year old neighbour all alone with her dog, burying the sadness with a bowl of ice cream.

"So you're checking up on me." I said giving her a mischievous grin with a little brow movement. "I might have, once or twice. What was the book were you reading earlier?"

"Ash by Malinda Lo. It's a fantasy book where the protagonists are both women whom found love with each other."

"Oh, good choice." She cleared her throat and reached out her other hand, it was all too fast for my eyes. The next thing I knew, she tucked a piece of hair behind my ear that presumably escaped the loose bun. That little gesture shouldn't be turning me on but it does, it makes me feel weird things.