8

Finn and Puck took Beth out for ice cream, and Quinn and Rachel joined Carole in the kitchen.

"Poor Beth." Carole noted. "Finn was so upset when he called to tell me what happened."

"It was an accident." Quinn replied. "And the stitches will dissolve in, like, a week. She'll be okay."

Rachel nodded in agreement. "She's a tough girl."

"She gets that from her mom." Carole added with a smile.

"Thanks." Quinn said. "And thanks for having us for Christmas. My mom bailed so she could go see my sister and her new twins."

Carole nodded. "You and Beth are always welcome here, sweetie."

"Thank you." Quinn repeated. "Thanks for letting me bring Noah, too."

"You brought Noah? I thought Finn did." Carole furrowed her eyebrow.

"Quinn and Noah are dating." Rachel informed Carole.

Carole looked at Quinn as she thought about it. "What a good pair. I've always liked him."

"Yeah, he's a good guy. He's super sweet and romantic." Quinn stated. "He's really good to me."

"Good." Carole said. "Because you know if he wasn't, Finn would straighten him out."

"Oh, I know." Quinn smiled. "Finn's a good guy, too. He's always been protective of me."

"Yeah." Carole nodded. "I'm glad to see you so happy. You deserve to be treated properly, especially after what you've been through."

"Thank you." Quinn said as she looked at Rachel.

"So." Rachel looked at Quinn before turning back to Carole. "I have an audition for Elphaba lined up, and Santana, Finn, and I all agreed that Quinn should audition for Glinda."

"Rachel." Quinn murmured, shaking her head.

"Why not?" Carole asked.

"That's a lead role." Quinn pointed out. "I can't do that to Beth. I have to be there to take her to school and pick her up, and tuck her into bed at night."

"Well, honey, you know if you and Rachel were at rehearsals, Finn and Santana would help out." Carole pointed out. "I'm sure Noah would, too."

"I know, but Beth is still my responsibility." Quinn reminded Carole. "I can't make everyone do the things I'm supposed to be doing."

"It would only be for a few months." Rachel stated. "And I'm sure if you and I were the leads, we could work out a nice rehearsal schedule so you could take Beth to school and tuck her in at night until we start."

Quinn bit her lip.

"Finn and Santana and Noah and whoever else could pick her up from school and spend time with her until you get home." Rachel explained.

"We don't even know that any of this is happening." Quinn stated.

"But if it is, it's good to have a plan." Rachel said.

"I just don't want Beth to feel like I abandoned her the way her dad did." Quinn replied.

"She would never feel like that." Rachel promised. "Because you're nothing like her dad. And you never will be."

"You're a good mom, Quinn." Carole added. "Being a mom is about sacrifice and unconditional love, and you might not think so, but you've nailed it from the start."

"I don't always feel like that, but thank you."