40

After breakfast, the trio returned to the apartment.

Beth played with her toys on the living room floor while Quinn and Noah curled up on the couch and watched her.

"Me and Noah played princesses yesterday, Mommy." Beth announced as she continued playing.

Quinn raised her eyebrow at Noah. "You did?"

"Mhm." Beth nodded.

"She wanted to play that game with the fake jewelry and stuff." Noah shrugged. "I looked really good with that clip-on earring."

"No you didn't." Beth said.

Quinn laughed lightly. "Well, I'm sorry I missed that."

"Yeah, me, too." Noah replied.

"Thanks for playing with her." Quinn said softly. "She really likes you and you're good with her, so thank you."

"I like her." Noah responded. "And you."

Quinn smiled as she leaned over and kissed Noah's cheek.

"Mommy." Beth muttered. "Can I have your phone?"

"For what?" Quinn asked.

"I wanna call... Kurtsie." Beth decided.

"Kurt." Quinn corrected Beth as she unlocked her phone and set it up for Beth. "But if he doesn't answer, don't keep calling him, okay?"

"Okay." Beth nodded back as she took the phone and ran off to her room.

"She's cute." Noah noted.

Quinn nodded. "She gets that from me."

"I know." Noah replied.

Quinn smiled.

Noah looked at her.

"What?" Quinn asked.

"Do you think you'll ever... have another one?" Noah wondered.

"After Beth was born, I told myself I would never do that again, but honestly, it depends." Quinn told Noah.

"On what?" Noah questioned Quinn.

"A few things." Quinn shrugged. "Beth, me, and you."

"Me?" Noah repeated.

Quinn nodded. "If it's something you would want."

Noah furrowed his eyebrow.

"You've been really good to Beth." Quinn said. "But if you want your own kid someday, I would understand and-"

"Beth doesn't need to be biologically related to me for me to treat her like my own kid." Noah cut Quinn off.

"I know that." Quinn said. "I just meant, if you wanted one someday, I'm not completely opposed to the idea. As long as Beth wants a sibling."

Noah nodded. "And what about getting married? Do you see that in our future?"

"I do." Quinn said, smiling at the irony. "But I don't think the timing is good right now. With my schedule these next few months, we would never enjoy an engagement, but I can see that for us. Someday."

"Really?" Noah asked.

"Yeah." Quinn replied. "What about you?"

"Absolutely."