54

Noah had to go back to L.A. for another week, but he came back the next weekend.

Quinn happily welcomed him inside on Friday night.

"Hey." Noah smiled as he kissed Quinn. "How was the show?"

"It was good." Quinn said. "Beth just went to bed. She'll be really happy to see you tomorrow."

"Yeah." Noah agreed as he closed the apartment door. "Have you seen or heard anything about Beth's father? I know you've been worried about him coming back."

"Not yet, but I'm thinking about hiring a private investigator to find him." Quinn answered.

Noah gave Quinn a look.

"I just need peace of mind." Quinn replied. "To know he's far away and not looking for us."

"He can't hurt you anymore." Noah nodded. "Or ever again."

"What about you? How's L.A.?" Quinn wondered, changing the subject.

"It's good." Noah said. "The label wants me to do some small shows and meet people there."

"You should." Quinn told him. "It would be good publicity."

"Yeah, well, if I do what they need me to do there, then I'm done in L.A." Noah responded. "I got an offer from a label in New York."

"You did?" Quinn asked.

"I didn't wanna tell you until it was finalized, but I signed everything today." Noah explained. "I just have to go back to L.A. to finish all the publicity stuff and then I'm gonna do more publicity here and stay here."

"Permanently?" Quinn asked.

"Permanently." Noah nodded.

Quinn wrapped her arms around Noah and kissed him lightly.

"Hey, where's your mom?" Noah asked.

"She went to Chicago for the weekend." Quinn answered. "To see my sister."

Noah nodded slowly.

Quinn raised her eyebrow.

"Let's go inside." Noah decided as he scooped Quinn up.

"Noah!" Quinn giggled.

"Let's go inside." Noah said again as he headed to the bedroom with Quinn in his arms.