32

When Noah returned from his Nana's room a few minutes later, he looked at everyone seated on the couch.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm starving." Noah said. "Let's go get food. My treat."

"I should stay here and watch your grandmother." Ruth stated.

"Nana said she's fine." Noah replied.

"Noah." Ruth shook her head.

Noah nodded. "Fine, Fabray girls and Puckerman siblings. Let's go."

"Shotgun!" Sarah exclaimed.

"Quinn gets shotgun." Noah replied.

"No, it's okay. I should sit in the back with Beth since there's no car seat." Quinn replied.

Noah nodded. "Okay, then Jake gets shotgun."

"Why?" Sarah asked.

"He has seniority over you." Noah answered. "He's older."

Sarah folded her arms. "You've known me longer."

"In a minute, Beth is gonna sit shotgun, and you and Jake are gonna walk." Noah told his sister.

"Hey, what did I do?" Jake frowned.

"Let's just go." Noah said.

Noah walked out of the house with Beth at his heels. Quinn followed Beth, and the Puckerman siblings followed her.

The Puckerman brothers sat in the front and Quinn sat in the back with Beth and Sarah. She buckled Beth in and put her arm around her.

The ride to the restaurant was short. When they got there, everyone got out of the car.

Noah helped Quinn out, and afterwards, Beth jumped out of the car into his arms.

"Gotcha!" Noah exclaimed with a smile as he lowered Beth to the ground.

Quinn took Beth's hand, and everyone went inside.

They were brought to a table for five. They took their seats at the round table and began looking over the menu.

"So, Jake, Noah said you're three years younger than him, which makes you a high school senior, right?" Quinn asked. "Any plans for next year?"

"Right." Jake nodded as he looked at Quinn. "And sort of. My girlfriend is gonna go to school in New York, so I've been applying to programs there."

"What kind of programs are you looking at?" Quinn wondered.

"Dance." Jake answered. "I'm kind of a dancer."

"Me, too." Quinn smiled. "What are you trained in?"

"I've taken all different classes and stuff, but, uh, I have the most training in ballet." Jake answered.

"I dance with Britt." Beth added.

"Beth started at my best friend's dance studio about a year ago." Quinn explained. "I should put you in touch with my friends Brittany and Mike. I'm sure they could help you out."

Jake nodded. "That would be great. Thank you."

Quinn nodded back as she turned to Sarah. "And Sarah, you're graduating middle school this year, right?"

"Yeah." Sarah said.

"Are you excited for high school?" Quinn wondered.

Sarah shrugged. "We'll see."

Quinn smiled and looked at Noah.

Noah nodded slowly.

"Quinn, what do you do?" Jake questioned Quinn.

"I'm kind of an actress." Quinn replied. "I've been in a few off-Broadway plays."

"Mommy was in a commercial, too." Beth stated.

Quinn nodded. "I did an ad campaign with my friend, Sam."

"Quinn's also gonna be in Wicked on Broadway." Noah added proudly.

"You can sing, too?" Jake asked.

"I'm more of a dancer than a singer, but yes." Quinn said.

"Noah sings." Sarah said.

"So I've been told, but it has yet to be proven." Quinn smirked at Noah.

Noah shrugged. "Jake sings, too. You don't need to hear me."

"Next time I'm in New York, we'll have to go out and do some karaoke." Jake said with a smile. "That would be fun."

"Definitely." Quinn agreed as she looked at Noah.