10

It took almost an hour to get Beth to calm down and fall asleep. When she was finally asleep, Quinn quietly tiptoed upstairs.

Burt and Carole were in the living room, Rachel and Blaine were in the kitchen, and Quinn noticed that Finn, Noah, and Kurt were missing.

"Hey." Quinn said softly as she entered the kitchen.

"Hey." Rachel repeated. "I thought you went with the boys."

Quinn shook her head. "I was with Beth. She asked about her dad and kind of freaked out."

Rachel frowned. "Is she okay?"

"No." Quinn said. "I'm gonna go back downstairs in case she wakes up."

"Let us know if there's anything we can do to help." Blaine offered with a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks." Quinn nodded. "Can you send Finn and Noah down when they get back?"

"Sure." Blaine said.

"They went last-minute gift shopping with Kurt about twenty minutes ago." Rachel added.

"Okay, thanks." Quinn responded before excusing herself to return to Beth.

Quinn climbed into the large bed and laid beside Beth. She pulled the young blonde into her arms and kissed the top of her head.

-

Quinn ended up dozing off. When she woke up, she was alone in the bed.

"Beth?"

Quinn got up and went upstairs to find her daughter. She found Finn and Rachel in the kitchen so she went to check the living room.

Quinn smiled at the sight of Beth on Noah's lap. Noah was holding an ice pack on Beth's lip while Beth watched TV.

"Hey." Quinn said softly as she sat down beside Noah on the couch. She looked at Beth, who was so distracted by the TV that she hadn't even noticed Quinn. "You could've woken me up."

"She's fine." Noah promised as he put his free arm around Quinn. "What about you? Are you okay?"

"Me?" Quinn asked.

"Rachel and Blaine told us what happened." Noah nodded. "Beth came up before Finn and I had a chance to check on you guys, and I figured you could use some rest."

"Thank you." Quinn said softly. "I'm okay. I just hate that I made her so upset."

Noah shook his head. "You didn't make her upset."

Quinn looked at him.

"Her dad did." Noah pointed out softly. "He made his choices."

"I know, but there's nothing I can do to fix that." Quinn said.

Noah nodded. "You can be there for her, which you are. You've been her mom and her dad."

"Yeah, I guess so." Quinn replied.

"I know so." Noah said as he kissed Quinn's cheek.

Quinn curled up closer to Noah and leaned her head against his arm. "Thank you."