33

"Mom! Nana! We're back!" Noah called as he led everyone into the house.

Quinn watched as Noah went off to find his mom and grandmother.

"So, Quinn, now that our brother's gone, is there anything you wanna know about him?" Jake asked. "Sarah and I have a lot of dirt."

"Yeah, like how he pretends to be this badass rock and roll musician, but he's afraid of scary movies." Sarah explained. "One time, I was asleep and he came in my room to check on me, but it was really because he couldn't sleep."

"Yeah, he and I watched The Conjuring with Finn once, and he didn't sleep for, like, a week after that." Jake added.

"Well, I appreciate knowing that." Quinn said with a smile as she looked at Jake. "Has he ever played any of his original music for you?"

Jake shook his head. "I think the only one he let listen to his recordings and stuff is Finn."

Quinn nodded slowly. "Why?"

"He just never thinks he's any good." Jake answered. "But he is. Finn said his original stuff is awesome."

"He let Cassie listen to it." Sarah added. "I think."

"Cassie?" Quinn repeated.

"Noah's ex-girlfriend, Cassie Gomez." Jake nodded.

"Is she a musician in L.A., too?" Quinn wondered.

"She's a model, actually." Jake answered.

"Were they together for a long time?" Quinn questioned Jake and Sarah.

Before Jake or Sarah could answer, Noah returned.

Quinn looked at Noah. "Hey, everything okay?"

"Yeah." Noah said. "Nana's feeling good. She and my mom are watching a movie together."

Quinn glanced at Sarah and Jake at the mention of movies.

"Everything okay here?" Noah wondered, raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah, totally." Quinn said as she looked at Beth, who had made herself comfortable on the couch.

"Okay." Noah furrowed his eyebrow. "What do you guys wanna do?"

"We could watch a movie." Jake suggested, smirking at Quinn.