31

"Nana." Noah said softly as he opened the door to his grandmother's room. "Are you up for visitors?"

The old woman nodded and slowly sat up.

Noah led Quinn and Beth into the room. He looked at his grandmother and turned back to Quinn and Beth. "I wanted to introduce you to someone."

"Is this the girl you've been seeing?" Noah's Nana asked.

Noah nodded. "This is Quinn and her daughter, Beth."

"Both of you are so beautiful." The old woman smiled at Quinn and Beth.

"Thank you." Quinn smiled. "It's nice to meet you. Noah talks so highly of his family."

"It's nice to meet you, too." Nana smiled back as she looked at Beth. "And how old are you?"

Beth put her head on Quinn's shoulder shyly.

"B, say hi." Quinn whispered softly as she pushed Beth's hair out of her face. "Tell Noah's Nana how old you are."

"Hi." Beth said as she picked her head up and looked at Nana. "I'm five and a half."

"Five and a half?" Nana repeated. "You're such a big girl."

"She'll be six in June." Quinn added with a nod.

"June 8th." Beth said.

Noah's Nana smiled. "Thanks for coming to meet me."

"How are you feeling?" Noah wondered.

"I'm fine." Nana answered. "Your mother worries too much."

"Well, we're gonna let you rest." Noah decided. "We'll be in the living room if you need us."

"Noah, can you stay a minute? I have to talk to you about something. Privately." Nana said.

Noah looked at Quinn.

"Beth and I will go make ourselves comfortable in the living room." Quinn decided as she put Beth down and took her hand. "Come on, B. Let's go find out all of Noah's secrets."

Noah laughed lightly as Quinn and Beth left the room.

Quinn closed the door behind her and walked with Beth to the living room.