42

"Hey, Quinn."

"Hey." Quinn smiled at Rachel.

"Are you ready for tonight?" Rachel wondered.

"Opening night." Quinn said, shaking her head. "I'm kind of freaking out."

"You're gonna be great. You were great all throughout rehearsals." Rachel reassured Quinn.

"Thanks." Quinn replied. "But rehearsals didn't have Noah and Beth sitting in the front row."

"That's what you're worried about?" Rachel asked.

"I just wanna show them that all this chaos was worth it." Quinn shrugged. "I want them to be proud of me."

"They are and they will be." Rachel promised.

"I know, but I'm still nervous." Quinn said. "If there's one night I'll mess up, it'll be the most important night."

Rachel shook her head. "You're gonna be great. I'm gonna be great. We are gonna crush our opening night and then we are gonna celebrate. Okay?"

Quinn took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay."

"Good." Rachel said. "Now go to your dressing room."

"Thanks, Rachel." Quinn smiled as she walked away.

-

Quinn was in her dressing room getting her hair and makeup done when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Quinn called.

The door opened and Noah entered the room with Beth in his arms.

Quinn smiled. "Hey."

"We just wanted to give you these before the show." Noah said as he put Beth down.

Beth handed Quinn the bouquet of flowers she was holding and smiled happily.

"Tell Mommy the phrase I taught you." Noah told Beth.

Beth nodded and looked at Quinn. "Break a leg!"

Quinn laughed lightly. "Thank you, B. Thank you both for being here. And for the flowers, Noah. They're beautiful."

"Break a leg out there." Noah smiled as he kissed Quinn's cheek. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." Quinn smiled back. "For everything. I know these past few months have been crazy, but..."

Quinn trailed off as tears filled her eyes.

"Hey." Noah said, shaking his head as he took Quinn's hand. "Don't get all emotional before your show. It's okay."

"Thank you." Quinn said softly.

"I love you." Noah reminded her.

"I love you, too." Quinn replied. "I'll see you after the show."

"See you then." Noah nodded as he looked at Beth.

"Break a leg, Mommy. I love you!" Beth exclaimed.

"Love you more, B." Quinn smiled.

Beth grinned as she took Noah's hand.

"See you later."