61

"Can I call Noah now?" Beth asked for the hundredth time. She didn't quite grasp the time difference thing.

Quinn looked at the clock. It was almost 1pm, which meant it was about 10am in L.A.

"Okay." Quinn nodded as she took out her phone. She set up a videochat and handed Beth the phone. "Remember, B. Indoor voice. Noah probably just woke up."

"Okay." Beth nodded as she took the phone and sat down on the couch with it.

"Hey, Beth!"

"Hi, Noah!" Beth exclaimed. "I miss you."

"I miss you, too." Noah responded. "Are you being good for Mommy?"

"I'm always good." Beth said with a smirk.

"I know." Noah replied.

"Are you gonna come home soon?" Beth wondered. "If you come home, Grandma can leave and then Mommy will be happy."

"That's not nice, Beth." Noah scolded. "Mommy likes having Grandma around."

"Not like you." Beth pointed out.

Noah nodded. "Well, I'll be there soon. What else is new?"

"Nothing." Beth shrugged. "Here's Mommy."

"Okay." Noah laughed as Beth passed Quinn the phone. "Bye, Beth."

Quinn held the phone out in front of her face and smiled as Beth ran off to her room. "Hey."

"Hey." Noah repeated with a smile.

"She's been asking to call you since we woke up." Quinn told Noah. "She doesn't understand the time difference."

"Well, she can call me any time of day." Noah replied. "And so can you."

"Okay." Quinn nodded. "Same goes for you, although I can't promise I'll answer."

Noah laughed lightly.

"So how's L.A.? Do you have a thousand groupies yet?" Quinn questioned Noah.

Noah shook his head. "A million. I haven't checked my social medias in, like, a week, but the shows are going good. I've been having fun with it."

"I haven't been online either, but I'm glad you're having fun." Quinn smiled. "I can't wait to see it for myself."

"Me, too." Noah agreed. "How's New York? And your show?"

"Well, I only have a few more weeks." Quinn told Noah. "Rachel and I were gonna put our two weeks in together so she could focus on her pregnancy and I could spend time with Beth and you, but then Rachel agreed to four more weeks instead so..."

"I'll be in New York around when you're done then." Noah noted.

Quinn nodded. "And you'll be here for Beth's birthday in the beginning of June."

"And yours in May." Noah promised. "All of it."

"I'm not worried about that." Quinn said, shaking her head.

Noah furrowed his eyebrow. "What is it?"

"I've just been thinking about the future." Quinn informed Noah. "Beth will be starting first grade in the fall, so when I'm not working, I'll be helping her with homework and-"

"I can help with all of that, too." Noah cut Quinn off.

Quinn bit her lip and nodded.

"What?" Noah wondered, furrowing his eyebrow.

"I've been thinking a lot about our future." Quinn noted. "You and me."

"Quinn, I'm really sorry to cut this short, but I have to go." Noah told Quinn. "I'm getting another call and I have a few things to take care of today, and-"

"I get it." Quinn nodded. "Go ahead. We'll talk soon."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."