59

On Tuesday night after the show, Quinn and Rachel sat down with the producers to put their two weeks in since they had been delaying it.

"Sydney, I wanted to tell you that I'm putting in my two weeks as of today." Rachel said.

"Me, too." Quinn added.

"I'm losing both of my stars?!" Sydney exclaimed. "Why?"

"Well, we wanted to start and end the show together." Quinn explained. "And I have a few projects I wanna work on, so I decided to leave and Rachel wanted to leave, too."

"Rachel, stay." Sydney begged. "With Quinn gone, we can give her role to her understudy and until we replace her, we can increase your pay."

"We wanna close this chapter of our lives together." Quinn stated firmly.

Rachel nodded in agreement. "I loved being a part of this, and playing Elphaba with one of my closest friends has been a dream come true-"

"So stay!" Sydney exclaimed. "Both of you. Eight more weeks so we can promo that and get even more tickets sold."

Rachel looked at Quinn.

"We can't do eight more weeks." Quinn shook her head.

"Six?" Sydney asked, mostly looking at Rachel.

"Four." Rachel said.

"Rachel." Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"Noah will be back around then anyway." Rachel pointed out as she looked at Sydney. "We can market that and you can look for our replacements."

"Deal." Sydney said. "The same goes for you, Quinn?"

"Four more weeks." Quinn gave in with a sigh.

"Perfect!" Sydney cheered as he left the room, leaving Quinn and Rachel alone.

Quinn looked at Rachel.

"I'll be, like, ten weeks when we finish." Rachel stated softly. "That's nothing."

"Except you'll be even more nauseous and tired." Quinn responded. "You shouldn't have given in."

"I didn't give in." Rachel said as she stood up. "I negotiated a good deal."

"A good deal?" Quinn repeated as she got up and followed Rachel out of the room. "For who?"

"I'll be ten weeks." Rachel said again. "After that, I'll get to be home with Finn and we'll get to experience everything together."

Quinn nodded. "And what about me?"

"Four weeks doesn't make a difference for you." Rachel pointed out. "Noah will be home around then and nothing is changing with Beth."

"Beth changes everyday." Quinn told Rachel. "She's gonna be starting first grade in September."

"Quinn, it's the beginning of April." Rachel stated. "She has five months until first grade."

"Still, she's a kid and I don't wanna miss her childhood." Quinn responded.

"You're not going to." Rachel promised. "Even when Noah comes back."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"You and Noah have been together for almost a year." Rachel continued. "Right?"

"Well, we met in July, but we started dating exclusively in the beginning of October." Quinn told Rachel.

"Did you hookup in the summer?" Rachel wondered.

Quinn nodded slowly.

"My point is, Noah is in this for the long run." Rachel noted. "If he wasn't, he wouldn't have stuck around all this time. He would've run off when you told him you had a daughter."

"What are you saying?" Quinn asked.

"I'm saying Noah knows Beth is your priority and he'll prioritize her stuff, too." Rachel clarified.

Quinn looked at Rachel.

"Are you in it for the long run with him?" Rachel wondered.