9

Shortly after Finn and Noah returned with Beth, Kurt and Blaine returned with Burt.

"Quinn!" Kurt exclaimed as he hugged the blonde.

Quinn smiled as she hugged Kurt. "It's so good to see you."

"Hey!" Finn frowned. "Brother."

Kurt and Quinn parted so Finn and Kurt could greet each other. Quinn smiled as she hugged Blaine.

"Kurtsie! Look!" Beth exclaimed.

Kurt rolled his eyes at the nickname that Finn had taught Beth. He looked at Beth. "What?"

"I got stitches in my lip." Beth announced as she put her fingers on her lips.

Kurt furrowed his eyebrow and looked at Quinn.

"Don't touch the stitches, B." Quinn said as she scooped up her daughter. "How was your ice cream?"

"Good!" Beth nodded enthusiastically. "Finn got a brain freeze."

"It was cold!" Finn said defensively.

"It's ice cream." Noah and Rachel replied simultaneously.

Everyone laughed and Finn folded his arms and pouted before excusing himself to go watch the game with Burt, who had snuck out shortly after he greeted everyone.

"I'm gonna join them." Blaine decided, excusing himself from the room.

"Well, since Finn isn't as good of a host as I am, I'll bring you upstairs and show you your rooms." Kurt told everyone.

"Kurt, why don't you let them take the basement?" Carole suggested.

Quinn turned to Noah. "You can go watch the game, if you want. I'm gonna see if Beth will take a N-A-P."

Noah nodded. "Yeah, let me help with the bags first though."

Rachel stayed in the kitchen with Carole while Kurt led the Fabrays and Noah downstairs. Noah carried the bags and Quinn carried Beth.

"I'll be with the ladies in the kitchen if you need anything." Kurt smiled as he disappeared up the stairs.

"Puck! You're missing the game!" Finn yelled.

"Go." Quinn told Noah. "I'll be back upstairs in five minutes."

"Alright." Noah gave in as he put the bags down and kissed Quinn's cheek.

When Quinn and Beth were alone, Quinn tucked Beth in and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Get some rest." Quinn told Beth. "You have two big days ahead of you."

"Christmas Eve and Christmas!" Beth said excitedly.

Quinn nodded. "How's your lip?"

"It's okay." Beth said. "The ice cream helped."

"Good." Quinn smiled as she kissed Beth's forehead and got up.

"Mommy." Beth muttered.

"Yeah, B?" Quinn looked at her.

"How come I don't have a daddy?" Beth asked curiously.

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow and looked at Beth.

Beth looked at Quinn, waiting for an answer.

"Well, your father and I were very young when you were born." Quinn began nervously as she sat back down and took Beth's hand. "And, uh... you know, we didn't always get along, but we both loved you."

Beth nodded slowly.

"He got into some trouble when you were really young, and after that, he decided he didn't wanna be here so he left." Quinn concluded, biting her lip.

"Did he ever come back?" Beth asked.

"No." Quinn shook her head.

Quinn hated having to explain everything to Beth. But Quinn also hated lying to Beth, so she always tried to be as honest as possible.

Quinn's eyes filled with tears at the sight of tears in Beth's eyes. Beth's swollen, stitched lip started quivering.

Quinn pulled Beth into her arms and held her. "I love you, B. I love you so much."