26

"We're back!" Quinn announced as she led Beth into the apartment, closing the door afterwards.

"How was school, sweetheart?" Judy asked Beth.

"Good." Beth answered.

"Mom, I wanted to talk to you." Quinn stated. "Privately."

"Is Noah here, Mommy?" Beth wondered.

Quinn shook her head. "He'll be here at six. He wants to make dinner."

Judy raised her eyebrow.

"B, why don't you go play in your room while Grandma and I talk, okay?" Quinn requested.

Beth folded her arms and pouted her lip in true Fabray fashion.

"I'll come get you as soon as we're done." Quinn promised.

"Fine." Beth said as she walked away.

"What did you wanna talk about, honey?" Judy wondered.

"I know we've talked about it already, and I've asked nicely, but this time I'm not asking." Quinn blurted. "I need you to go back to Lima."

Judy furrowed her eyebrow.

"I love you, Mom, and I'm so grateful to get to spend time with you, but..." Quinn sighed as she joined Judy on the couch. "I need to be able to parent Beth without worrying about you judging me for things like letting her have a cookie an hour before dinner. I need to live my own life, and yes, that includes dating."

"You need to be more conscious of the people you bring around my granddaughter." Judy told Quinn.

"Your granddaughter?" Quinn looked at Judy. "Just last month, you ditched us on our favorite holiday to go meet Frannie's twins."

Judy went to speak, but Quinn continued.

"You said Frannie called to tell you you were a grandma and then you and I argued about Beth and how it was different because Frannie's married and planned this, and I-"

"You're getting off-topic, and you're spiraling, Quinny." Judy stated. "Take a deep breath."

Quinn took a deep breath and sighed.

"If you want me to leave, I will." Judy said. "But don't lie to me about the reason."

"What are you talking about?" Quinn asked.

"I know you want Noah to move in." Judy told Quinn. "Because I know he's been living in that hotel. Just like I know he's slept here before I got here."

"Actually, he hasn't slept over." Quinn corrected Judy. "Despite what you think, I wouldn't do that before talking about it with my daughter."

Judy folded her arms. "You're gonna sit here and tell me you haven't slept with him when I know you have?"

"I didn't say we didn't have sex." Quinn shook her head. "We have, but never here and never when Beth was around. He hasn't spent the night here before."

Judy nodded slowly.

"I don't care if you believe me because it's none of your business." Quinn added. "And I don't care if you like Noah, but Beth does. And I love him."

Judy scoffed. "You've known him for, like, two months."

"I've known him since the summer." Quinn corrected Judy. "But it doesn't matter. Noah has treated me with more respect and understanding and kindness than anyone else. And he treats Beth right."

"No man behaves like that." Judy stated. "Not without some ulterior motive."

"My man does." Quinn pointed out. "Because he's a good person. He loves me and Beth."

Judy looked at her. "I still don't like you bringing people around Beth."

"What people, Mom?" Quinn asked. "It's only been Noah. I would never bring a guy home unless it was serious."

Judy sighed.

Quinn looked at her.

"You're right, I should get out of here." Judy noted as she stood up. "I'll pack my things and take the next train out."

"Mom, you don't have to go right away." Quinn said.

Judy ignored Quinn and walked away.