34

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow as her phone rang with a call from Rachel. She excused herself to answer it.

"Hey, Rachel. What's up?" Quinn answered the phone.

"Hey." Rachel replied. "I don't know if you heard, but starting Monday, you and I are doing, like, a week of press."

"We are?" Quinn asked.

"Yeah, starting with Good Morning America on Monday morning." Rachel told Quinn. "We have a big week ahead of us. And one of the days, we're outlining our rehearsal schedule."

"Yeah, they told me that." Quinn replied.

"Alright, so I'll see you Monday morning." Rachel said. "Bright and early."

"Bright and early." Quinn repeated. "Thanks for calling, Rachel."

"Of course." Rachel responded. "Bye, Quinn."

"Bye."

Quinn returned to the living room, sinking back into her spot between Noah and Beth.

"Who was that, Mommy?" Beth asked.

"Rachel." Quinn answered. "Apparently, we have a week full of press ahead of us."

"All week?" Beth frowned.

"I have to go early Monday morning and then I'll get the rest of my schedule." Quinn told Beth.

"Okay." Beth mumbled.

Quinn looked at Noah. "You wanna come back to New York with us in the morning?"

"Yeah, of course." Noah nodded.

"But you just got here." Sarah pointed out.

"Part of being an adult is working, Sarah." Noah reminded his sister. "Besides, you and Jake can always come visit New York."

"I'm gonna get my stuff together." Quinn decided as she stood up. "Maybe we'll leave right after breakfast?"

"Yeah, whatever you want." Noah nodded.

"Is that okay with you?" Quinn asked. "I don't wanna take you away from your family."

"No, it's cool." Noah said as he tossed Jake the remote and stood up.

-

Quinn and Beth slept for most of the train ride back to New York the next day. When they got back to their apartment with Noah, Quinn sent Beth to her room to put away her things.

"You've been quiet." Quinn noted. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired." Noah answered.

"Did you sleep at all on the train?" Quinn wondered.

Noah shook his head as he sat down on the couch. "No, but I forgot how much my mom drains me."

"What do you mean?" Quinn questioned Noah. "Did she not like us?"

"She liked you." Noah nodded.

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow as she joined Noah.

"She didn't know about Beth, and she wasn't thrilled with the idea of me dating someone my age with a five year old." Noah admitted.

"You didn't tell her about Beth before?" Quinn asked.

Noah shook his head. "I told Sarah, Jake, and my Nana. My mom's... different."

"How?" Quinn asked.

"She's judgmental." Noah stated with a shrug. "And dramatic. When I told her you weren't Jewish, she didn't talk to me for, like, a week."

Quinn looked at Noah.

"I don't care what she thinks of you because I'm happy." Noah added. "And I haven't felt this way about anybody since, like, ever."

"Not even Cassie?" Quinn blurted.

"Did you Google me?" Noah questioned Quinn.

"Sarah and Jake told me about her." Quinn replied.

"Of course they did." Noah muttered. "I was planning on telling you."

"Really?" Quinn asked.

"I didn't tell you about Cassie because it wasn't real with her." Noah said. "And we were together for two years."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow. "I would consider that real."

"It was for, like, four months." Noah shook his head. "But after that, Cassie and I were a publicity stunt. They wanted us together because she was an up-and-coming model, and they wanted to get more of a following for my album."

Quinn looked at Noah.

"No one knows any of this, but since I'm being honest about all of this, you should know that-"

"We didn't know each other then." Quinn cut Noah off. "You don't have to tell me."

Noah nodded, but insisted on continuing. "She and I slept together back when it was real, and even a few times when it wasn't, but I never loved her."

Quinn bit her lip and looked at Noah.

Noah nodded. "I love you, and I'm really happy with you."

"Me, too." Quinn responded as she kissed Noah. "Thank you for telling me."