28

At the end of the night, Quinn brought Noah into her room. She changed into a large t-shirt and shorts and tied her hair up into a messy bun. She climbed into bed and looked at Noah.

"Come here." Quinn said softly as she pulled the blankets back for him.

Noah stripped down to his boxers and joined Quinn under the covers. He pulled her into his arms and held her.

"You wanna talk about what happened with your mom?" Noah asked.

"I asked her to leave, we got in a fight about Beth and you and me, and she left." Quinn shrugged. "She said I need to be careful who I let around Beth because no one is as great as you are without some kind of motive."

"Motive?" Noah repeated, furrowing his eyebrow. "I love you."

Quinn nodded. "I love you and I don't care what my mom has to say about it."

"You don't?" Noah asked.

"I don't." Quinn repeated. "You're practically perfect. You've been much better to us than anyone else, including Beth's father, so..."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect. And I was a dick not that long ago honestly." Noah shrugged. "But moving to L.A. and experiencing life on my own made me a man, I guess."

Quinn smiled. "Well, I'm proud of who you are, no matter what."

Noah smiled as he kissed Quinn's cheek. "Get some sleep."

"Thanks for dinner." Quinn added. "And for keeping me sane with everything with my mom."

"No problem." Noah said. "Goodnight, Q."

"Night, Noah."