24

January was a busy month for Quinn. Beth went back to school, and luckily, her lip had finished healing. Quinn auditioned for Wicked and other projects while trying to keep sane with her mother around.

Judy was stubborn and she wasn't leaving, no matter how many hints Quinn gave or how much effort Quinn put into showing her she didn't need to be there.

Quinn still kept her auditions secretive from her mom since she didn't want her having an excuse to stay any longer - though it didn't seem to matter.

Towards the end of January while out to lunch with Noah, Quinn got a phone call.

Quinn got a callback for Wicked.

Shortly after that phone call, Quinn got a call from Rachel.

"Hey, Rachel."

"Quinn! Guess what!" Rachel exclaimed.

"What?" Quinn asked as she looked at Noah.

"I got the part! I got Elphaba!" Rachel screamed excitedly.

"I'm so happy for you." Quinn responded with a smile. "I got a callback. It's between me and two other girls, so I probably won't get it, but-"

"No, I have a good feeling about this, Quinn." Rachel interrupted. "And I can't wait to share the stage with you."

"Fingers crossed." Quinn muttered.

"Yes." Rachel agreed. "I have to go, but I'll talk to you later."

"Okay." Quinn nodded. "Congratulations again, Rachel."

"Thank you. Same to you!"

Quinn hung up the phone and looked at Noah. "Rachel got the part."

"And so will you." Noah replied.

"Thank you." Quinn said with a smile.

"Oh, and that reminds me, I kind of got a job." Noah informed Quinn.

"I thought you were working on finishing your album and starting your next one." Quinn stated.

"I am." Noah nodded. "But I got something else, too."

Quinn looked at Noah. "What is it?"

"Kurt and Blaine are doing a couple of shows this month and they asked me if I could play the guitar for them." Noah answered. "They're giving me, like, a third of the money."

"That's amazing." Quinn smiled. "You're gonna be so good."

"It's not Broadway or anything, but it's something." Noah stated with a shrug. "Hopefully after that, the label will release my songs and then maybe I'll perform at my own shows."

"I'm so proud of you." Quinn told Noah.

"Thanks." Noah said.