chapter 6

Dedicated to @Thusoutherner

Chris walked through the shelves looking for the things that he needed. It was on a Saturday afternoon and he had gone shopping with his son who by the way was growing too fast than he needed.

Just the other day Kimberly handed him to him and now Prince was running around the mall all alone to get his favourites. Chris stood at a toy place and looked at the toys there.

Maybe it was about time he got Prince new toys since he was there. He looked from batman to Spiderman debating on what to get for his son. Maybe car toys were even better since Prince was not playing with his Captain America toys anymore and he wasn't about to allow him start playing video games at that age.

Chris took the biggest car toy and looked at it. Prince would definitely love it. He placed the toy in his troll and kept on look at the other toys.

Just when he pushed the cut, he saw a woman bent to pick out two Barbie dolls and examine then as he did with the car. From where she stood she looked like she was debating on the colour to choose from the two. He so wanted to tell her to pick the pink one since girls love pink. Of course it had to be for her daughter since no boy would appreciate dolls.

After a while, the woman took the pink doll and returned the other one on the shelves. She was just about to turn maybe for more toys but two kids came running to her. A boy and a girl to be precise and they seemed to be of same age.

"Momma, Daddy said he will be waiting in the car." The young girl said looking at her mother.

"I think we should go momma." The young boy said with this kinda protective voice. "Daddy already took the other bags to the car."

"Okay sweethearts, let's get moving." That voice sent chills down Chris spine and he had no idea why. "We don't need to keep Daddy waiting, now do we?"

She was about to walk away when the boy asked what she had got for him.

"I almost forgot dear, let's get you a car."

"But momma, I've so many cars, I need a private jet toy."

She laughed and bent to peck her two kids before turned to walk where the toys where and when she did Chris lost the colour on his face. What he saw had him breathless and he was about to pass out any minute from then. There stood the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and with those two kids by her side made her even more adorable. But that wasn't the problem, the problem was how?

It can't be her. It wasn't possible. He just missed hence the reason he saw her on every woman.

But she stood there, few steps away from him. He just starred at her as she took steps towards him or maybe where the toys where. They locked gazes and all she did was smile at him. That smile he had missed for years. The smile that he wished he could see one last time.

And he saw it. The smile. She then passed him and bent down to look at toy jets with her two kids. And now if he guessed there years, if they weren't five years old, they were almost. Maybe few days to or a month? Maybe.

But he was dumbfounded. His head wasn't processing anything. He had many questions like how? When? Who? Where? That needed answers. And more to his shock, she looked at him like she didn't recognise him at all. It's like she smiled at him to be polite to him. She even didn't recognise his as Chris Rollins the whole world knew.

"I don't like any of them momma."

He heard the boy say and that's when he paid more attention to kids than he had done. The two kids had the hair that was almost black maybe like their father's. Father? Who would be their father?That also met that she was married...

"... think we should leave momma." Chris was pulled out of his thoughts by the young girls voice. "Gab is going to compare every toy jet here with the Kenyan ones."

"You're right honey," She agreed with her daughter. "Besides your daddy is waiting at the parking lot."

"I'll tell Daddy to order them from there."

"Yeah, sure thing, now let's not keep your papa waiting."

And Chris watched as they began to walk away. He was still in disbelief that she had been there all those minutes staring at her and she acted like she didn't know him. Just when he thought of approaching her.

"Father, I need help in picking the ice cream flavor."

Prince whom he had forgotten for a while pulled his hand. He turned to look at him and when he turned to look at her she wasn't there anymore. It's like he was dreaming of her.

Chris took Prince to take the ice cream where they took vanilla flavor and walked to the cashier. He thought that she would be there but she wasn't. When he handed his credit card to the cashier he asked then to bring the goods to his car as he stepped out in a hurry forgetting yet again his son on the process.

And when he got to the parking lot, he saw her peck a guy whom he could not see since he was on the driving side and she locked the door before he drove of.

"What are you looking for Father?"

Again Chris was caught by his son looking for a ghost that was gone almost six years ago. But he had seen the number plate, maybe he could start from there. With the number plate.

"Nothing Prince, get in the car."

And he got in the car after his son was settled and drove away from the mall. But one thing for sure was in his mind. And that was, she can't be alive.

My Maya can't be alive.

                      *********

So you know I didn't write this part, I just copied and pasted from Shouldn't Have Kissed You.

And know from here hence forth things are going to be intense. Secrets will be revealed. More lies will be created. Misunderstanding are bound to be there. Lives will be ruined to a point of no return.

Remember to vote, comment and add the book to the library for the book to be recognised. Till next time loves.