chapter 1

Reigns pulled his wife nearer to him if that was even possible and let her strawberry wake him up. He loved that smell and most of all, he loved having her in his arms and now that they were together at last, nothing was going to separate them. Nothing at all, not even the past that was now threatening to knock on his present any time soon.

He let his eyes close as he thought of the future. The future between him and her. The future of him and his family. His and no one else. It had taken him almost six years to build it up and nothing will take that away.

Reigns felt his wife turn towards him and he held his breath, she always had that much effect on him even without doing anything. May laid her head on his chest and went back to sleep. He remember the first time they came to their home. A month ago. They couldn't sleep because to them it was a new environment that needed time to adjust and with his help, his wife and kid got used to this new environment. He smiled at the memory of when his two angels would come and sleep with them.

One month. And in that one month he was jumpy. Why you ask? Because of the past. The past that he so knew well would catch up to him at any given time. As long as May was back, sooner or later secrets would be revealed and to be honest, he was afraid of them getting out.

Reigns feared of what future held for him. He feared for his wife. His kids and everything that was going to happen. But so far so good. His past hadn't caught up with him and he prayed that it won't any time soon. Reigns wanted his past locked away, and if possible forever but he himself could not help remembering. Remembering that day he was called to be informed that she was alive. That she was breathing despite everyone burring her just a day before the call.

"Where is she?" He had asked the moment he had arrived in the hospital.

He still hadn't believe it until he saw her laying there unconscious. But to his happiness, she wasn't dead as they had thought.

"How is she doctor?" He asked when he walked to her room and saw that life supporting machine on her.

To say he was scared would be an understatement. He didn't want to lose her just after finding her. He was scared to death and he prayed for a positive answer despite what he saw.

"Her fever has gone done Mr..."

"Reigns," he cut the doctor short.

"Yeah, she had a bad fever and she kept calling your name." The doctor went on explaining. "We thought that we would lose her but she is a fighter if I might say. For now we've to keep her under the surveillance."

Reigns looked at her then asked, "What about her head?"

"I think she it hard and I'm afraid there might be a side effect."

Reigns listen to the doctor go on about what was needed to be done and by the time he was done, Reigns had already made up his mind. She wasn't going to stay there, he had to transfer her as soon as possible.

"I forgot to ask, who are you to her?"

And the question he was afraid to be asked was out. Who was he to her? A co-worker, a friend? Who exactly? But before his mind could think of something else he said the first thing that came to it.

"I'm her husband," He didn't give himself away with his lie. "Her car had just been stolen and she had gone to report it to the police station. I thought I had lost her."

Again the lie rolled his tongue that easily. He knew the doctor would ask some personal questions just to be certain.

"How long do you think she will be out?"

"We can't tell of yet," the doctor gave him a sympathetic look before he went on to say. "It can take a day, week or maybe two or a month and even a year."

Reigns let everything sink before he went on to inquire, "Is it okay to fly her out of the country?"

The doctor thought for a while before he answered, "Yeah, but she has to stay for a week just to be sure." He then combed his hair with his fingers. "But on a private jet with a personal doctor."

"That can be arranged."

After talking for a few minutes, the doctor excused himself and left Reigns there with her. He held her hand and asked for her forgiveness for what he was about to do. He was taking her away from her family. Her friends and her loved ones. But he would return her when she had recovered.

Only that she never did. What happens when she does now? After almost six years? Would everything go down the drain? Would his family be ruined? He didn't want to think of that but he was doing it. Sooner or later it would come to bite him. But until then, he had to cherish his family. His happiness.

"Wake up sleepy head." Reigns kissed her forehead to wake her up. "Love, the kids are going to be late for school and I for work." He said when she buried herself deeper to his neck.

May moaned before she spoke. "Just too more minutes." She said with a sleepy tone.

"Love, I've given you thirty minutes." He said pulling her away from his body. "Remember you've to interview the Nannies today?"

"Ooh shot." She sat up pushing her messy hair behind. "I totally forgot."

"It sure looks so." Reigns laughed after pecking her lips and getting out of the bed.

"I'll get the kids ready as you get dressed."

He was the one taking the kids to school today. As for May, she needed a house help to help her around the house and with the kids since she was opening up a jewelry shop ten minutes from the house.

Thirty minutes later and they were seated at the dining table ready for breakfast. Gabriel was about to take his scrubbed eggs when...

"Gab, we haven't said grace." She gave that look of a strick mum.

"Sorry momma."

They held hands and said grace before they all dug in. After another thirty minutes May was giving their kids packed sandwich and kiss their both cheeks as she did every single day.

Reigns walked to her. "And where is mine?" He asked after she handed him his sandwich.

"Here." She pecked his cheeks too and when she was about to pull away, he held her waist and took her lips into his.

"So gross," Of course it had to be Gabriel. "Can we go Dady?"

He pecked her lips and let go of her. "Of course you over grown baby."

"By momma." Both kids shouted as they got on the back seat of the car.

"Bye loves. Take care and have fruitful days."

"You too love."

Reigns drove the kids to school and then drove direct to work. All he had to do was for his life to be always this much blessed. But at the same time he knew he couldn't run away from the past.

Or could he?

                           *******

What do you guys think? I know things are still complicated but soon they'll be understood. Do you have more questions? Then it means I'm doing something if you do.

I know it's too early to ask but who do you this is Mr. Reigns? Someone you know maybe? I'm also curious to know myself.

Yesterday you out did yourselves, lets see how this good.

How about thirty votes and fifteen comments to get an update on Christmas Eve?

I'm waiting, I'm not mean. Till then loves.