chapter 45

"How do we do this?" Leonel asked looking at Becky. It had been days and they really had tried. They tried to convince him but he still refused to give in.

It had been one month since he came to learn about his other character taking his place. A month since he learned that Maya was alive and that he had been with her all those years. Years of Reigns playing house and him having no idea about it. It has not been easy for him but he has tried to manage.

He really has since Becky diagnosed him with multiple personalities disorder. Life hasn't that easy but he has to do it. To survive. To get his friends back. To get to know the kids that he raised as Reigns. Since Maya has burned him from going anywhere near him or her family.

She refused to let him explain himself. Refused to let him ask for forgiveness.

But he understood where she came from. She might have not pressed charges against him, but that did mean she forgave him. For crying out loud, she had been leaving with a psycho for years. So her not wanting to see him or go near her kids he understood. He didn't trust himself also.

Who knows, Reigns could pop out at any given time. He could not even control him yet. How does he know that? He has times that he can't remember what he was doing and he is so sure that it's Reigns who takes over those times.

That's why on week two Becky decided to have him locked at a mental institution. And since then he has been there. In the mental hospital waiting for the next time when Reigns will agree to the condition that Becky has been trying to let him agree on.

It's was a good deal and Leonel didn't understand why Reigns refused to take that chance. Wasn't that why he had been back. The reason why he had taken control for years. Reason why Leonel couldn't be at work place for a month now and who knows how long before Reigns came to his senses.

"I've something that will make him agree this time." Becky said pointing a leather couch for Leonel to sit on. "Maya told me to use it."

"And what would that be?" Leonel asked curious than before while he took a seat. "Am I allowed to know?"

"You'll when Reigns agrees to it."

"Okay," Leonel rubbed his hands together. "So how is Maya and the kids?"

Becky turned to her desk and took out her notepad before turning back to Leonel. He was so handsome to her and those dark eyes of his were killing everything in him. The first time she met him she felt something change in her and to be honest, she is scared to find out what that change is all about.

She is scared of finding something that hasn't been with her for years. Something that died when he died...

She shook her head agreeing to herself that that was a story for another day. And besides, Leonel was in love with Maya. Even his other personer loved Maya. She was lucky to have men like Chris and Leonel around her. Lucky that the damn men were willing to do anything for her. Anything as long as it makes her happy.

Wasn't that what Leonel did. He fell in love with Maya despite knowing that he was only her best friend to her but he couldn't help his poor heart for falling for her. And when she told him that she was in love with Chris and not him he never put up a fight. He just let her go because Chris was what made her happy. His heart was bleeding back then but that didn't stop him from wanting to see her happy.

He prefered to watch from the side ways as she continued to love Chris. That's why when she was 'dead' he had chosen to follow her behind. Wasn't that the reason he had gone to have himself hit by the vehicle and be left for death.

Look where that got him anyway. His love for Maya made Reigns to return in his life and it wasn't to help him get his life in track. It was to be in control and never to leave, ever again. At least that's what he had told her each time he came out. Each time she wanted him to agree to what they had come up with.