chapter 31

Dedicated to krd442

May felt arms snake her body and she didn't need to turn around to know who it was. She was listening to Happy Hour while standing at the balcony. She loved the view and the peace that it brought to her. Especially the trees surrounding the house.

"I've no idea how you always manage to smell this good," Reigns said while sniffing her on her neck. "I really love you, sunshine."

May smiled at her husband loving the way her body reacted to her husband. She loved the man very much and he did things that her could handle every time he was near her.

"I love you more, love." She said moving to let her husband place wet kisses on her neck.

Reigns stopped kissing her and stood besides her on the balcony. "Do you remember the first time you came here?" May didn't need to look at him to know that he was smiling. "You're so frustrated and I had to calm you down."

May laughed at his statement. According to him, when she came back few months ago wasn't the first time they had come to the house. But it was for her since she lost her memory and yes, she was frustrated.

Why?

Because the house was too big and in a way, she felt like the twins were going to be spoiled. Like they'll have no use for a park when they have a toy room. But as Reigns had promised, so far so good. Then again, she preferred a much smaller house than this house. It wasn't a mansion but it was big enough for his family.

"Then a certain someone promised everything to be okay." She turned to look at him. "And so far, I can't complain."

"Glad that I've impressed so far." Reigns moved to her and held her hand, "and I promise to keep the same spirit."

May laughed as her husband pecked her right cheek. She wanted this. Her and him against the world.

"What are you listening to?"

"Happy Hour," she said looking at him. "Chris Rollins is talking about his song and new album."

May didn't know why but when che mentioned Chris' name, her husband tensed. Why he did that she had no idea. But she had an idea as to why her heart leaped a bit when she said his name. She missed him. She wanted to talk to him as a friend does to the other but he wasn't allowing it.

Not even after their little moment in his car. All he had done for the past one week was avoid her. And if she was being honest, it hurt her. Chris keeping distance from her.

So when he refused to see her all she could do was listen to his new song. Remember Me. Loved the song and it was the only song she has been listening to for the past one week. It's like it was talking to her and for the past six years, she has wanted nothing but to remember she was. She wanted to remember Chris and the good things that they shared. The best time they had.

"Hey, why did you turn that off? I was listening to that." May protested when Reigns switched off the radio. "we're getting to the main part here."

May moved to switch on the radio but Reigns placed it higher. "you've heard enough."

May didn't understand the behavior of her husband.

"You shouldn't have done that." She was getting mad at him. He found her listening to the radio and he had no right whatsoever to switch it off. "I'm the one to say when it's enough."

"Are we fighting right now?" He had a hint of sarcasm in his voice, "you really look cute when you're mad."

Reigns moved to hold her in her arms but May moved away. She was mad at him. Mad since she asked for another kid and he said no to him. Actually nothing has been okay with them since his birthday and it wasn't healthy at all.