chapter 35

Dedicated to @Saudakalino

Chris watched as Maya balance herself with the help of her brother. She was beautiful but then again when was she never beautiful? He was mad. Mad at himself. Mad at her. Mad at Leonel the bastard who did this to him. But he was really mad at his destiny. He was destined to pain and nothing else.

Wasn't that why his father left him when he was just a toddler? He never gave two shits about and he had to struggle to be where he was. If his mother hadn't been there for him, then he wouldn't be who he was at the time.

Then he met Maya. The love of his life, but back then he had no idea about it. He called her name's. Let Kimberly physically about her while he did it both mentally and emotionally only to realize that he had fallen in love with her a long the way somewhere. And that she had had it worse than he thought he was.

And they were happy after everything untill Kim showed at his door step claiming to be carrying his kid. Yes, Prince was his son but born out of spite. He despised Kim when she raped him. He even hated her more when she let Maya take her blame which led to this circumstance that they're in.

Why then wasn't he allowed to hate his destiny. It always took him away from his loved ones. It took everything that he loved apart from his career and talent. And what were they to him if he had no love. No, not love, but the love of his life with him.

She loved someone else. Someone that he was always insecure of. And who was to say after her remembering she wasn't going to chose her best friend over him? He was the better man he was. He had seen how happy she was with him and their kids.

Their kids. Chris really wanted to breakdown remembering the twins. They should have been his. Those green eyed kids like their mom should have been his but no, Leonel had to get in the picture and ruin everything Chris ever dreamed of. He wanted football team with Maya and Leo had two already with her.

Besides, the twins loved Leonel way too much. He had heard them talk about their daddy everytime they met. Prince had been so kind enough to tell him what their daddy did for them and how cool he was. So if Maya was to remember, he sure as hell had no chance at all. Not when the better man stood in the hallway and her eyes only locked with his. It's like she hadn't heard Chris call her name just few seconds ago.

"I'm so sorry guys," she said walking past her brother to Leonel packing his lips. "You took too long and the guest want to meet the couple of the hour." She said while wiping away the lipgloss that remained on Leonel's lips.

Chris looked away and began to move towards the garden where the party was being host. It hurt to see his wife being sweet to another man. No, Leonel wasn't another man, he was her best friend and now he played husband to her. It's like he never played house when he was a kid and that's why he was doing it with a married woman.

Chris really needed to calm himself down. Yes, he had self-control but to some extent. So when he pushed the door that led to the garden, he took a glass of champagne and downed all of it before doing the same to the second and the third glass. He really needed it and he was sure to thank Kyle later for the nice champagne.

"You should really slow down." Chris almost jumped up from the voice that was only made for his ears. He took his fourth glass and turned around to the devil he had just been thinking about. "What are you going to do?"

Chris looked at Kyle and for the first time since he met Maya, he thought really hard on what he was going to do. He had given up on her months ago and was that really what he wanted? Was that the old Maya, the one who was in love with would really want? Him giving up on her without putting a fight. Without even trying to fight for their love if not for anything else.