chapter 44

Maya watched as Chris looked for his shirt and she felt his pain, but it was for better. They had hurt each other more ways than one. Knowing or unknowingly so they had to make things right.

"The past six years I've been with Leonel he has been good to me." She began when she saw that Chris was still furious looking for his shirt. He couldn't see it but she did. It laid on the left side of bed. "I mean, he never abused me or called me names. Not even once..."

"I get it Maya, Leonel was the opposite of what I was to you. Loving, caring and all that." Chris cut her of taking his shirt the moment he saw it. "I know I'm an excuse of a husband but Maya, I love you. I have loved you since day one as much as I didn't want to admit that to myself." He put on his shirt buttoning some buttons. "Why is it so hard for you to see what I've done for you? I mean, your memories are back and yet you see that dark side of me. You don't remember the good time we also had together."

"That's not true Chris and you know it."

"Do I really? Ah, do I?" Chris asked moving to get his shoes, he even didn't remember when he had kicked them of. And that was not even the worst part, in his mother's house shoes are left at the door yet, look what Maya had him doing. "What does this statement sound to you 'he never abused me or treated me bad?' how does that sound."

"I'm just saying that..."

"I was the worst husband that one could ever have and I agree with you Maya." Chris said getting of the bed once he was done with his shoes. "And I agree with you, most of the time we spent together I did nothing but blame you for my misfortune."

Maya moved away from the bed still topless but she didn't care. Chris was seeing things that he wanted to see and he was saying things that he wanted to hear her say. He had never forgiven himself for what he did in the past. He infact never moved on from the past and that's why he is always insecure. He is afraid of what will happen any minute.

That's why she had called him Leonel, it's not because she had mistaken him for Leo or anything, she wanted to see his reaction and it had worked. He did react like any other man would but his was different.

Different because he showed his fear. His insecurities to her. He still blamed himself for what happened to her when it wasn't her fault. He still thought that it was his fault that Maya had been away from him and it wasn't good for him neither her.

Like come to think of it. The past six years Maya has known Leonel as Reigns Ambrose. She had grown into that name. And if she was going to call him any name, it would be Reigns because she had moaned that name for the past six years. She had loved the ring on it every time she called him as much as she hated to admit it this at the moment.

"Do you know why I called you Leonel?" Maya asked when she saw Chris moving towards the door after a long silence. He stopped before he could get hold of the door knob.

"It's because you're in love with him, you already answered that." Chris turned to look at her. "Can I got now? And I'm sorry for everything."

"You asked me if I loved him and I said yes because I do." She saw Chris try to hide the hurt but it was evident no matter how hard he tried. "You love him too." She moved towards him and stood right before him. "The answer you should be seeking is if I'm in love with Leo."

Chris turned to look at her gazed eyes.

"What are you saying?"

"That you should ask me if I'm in love with Leonel."

"And are you?"

Maya remembered how many times she had asked herself the same question for the past one week and all she came up scared her. Leonel had been good to her. Good since day one they met, of course that day she was mad because of what Chris had done to her alongside Kimberly but Leonel with his charming way had made her feel good. Feel wanted even though he didn't know because she was all tough on him that day.