chapter 46

Maya heard a knock sound on the other side of the door as she tried to zip up her white dress but her hand couldn't reach the back. She called for a come in and the door opened and closed. She still hasn't turned around as again she struggled with her zip.

"Could you please help me with this?" She asked once she gave up. "I can't reach it."

"I help people out of dress kitten, not to wear them." Chris said walking towards her. He held the zip on his hands and began to zip it up. Of course, he let his skin come in contact with hers. He wasn't going to let that chance pass him.

Not after her asking him to give her space. And trust him, space he had given her. All that she needed in life.

"Maybe you'll do that in future." Maya pulled away from him. He even had no idea when he had finished zipping her. Not when the spark was too strong. It was still there even years later. The spark was still there.

Chris put his hands on his pocket as he watched Maya put on some mascara.

"That future could be now love."

Of course he knew it wasn't possible but he had to try. Who knew, she could give in any moment just like he had been hoping for for the past one month. One month and all they had done was hold hands.

Maya was really serious about them finding themselves first. He saw her determination and that's what made him to do the same. And hell, she had been right. But now his wounds were healing. He was getting over some issues and he had learned how to deal with some situations.

Like his kids not accepting him.

"Chris, a little bit more and we'll all be so happy." Maya said once she was done with her mascara. "And I promise to make it world worthy." She winked at him as she moved past him and pull out her sandals.

Chris smiled at that and turned to watch her as she put on her sandals.

"Remember you promised, kitten."

"Trust me I do, puppy."

Chris laughed at her calling him that. He had asked her to call him that when her had nicknamed her kitten. He had been so jealous of Leonel back then. Jealous because he had called her cupcake and he had adopted that name too. That's what lead him to having his original name. Kitten. And he loved it. Loved that she loved the name too.

"You still remember." He said removing his hands from the pockets. "I love you so much Maya. Very much."

Maya walked to him and placed a peck on his cheek. She loved him too. Very much.

"I talked to Becky this morning." Chris said once she pulled away. He didn't want her to confess her love to him. Not yet. He knew she loved him as much as he did and that was enough for him. Anyway, don't they say actions speak louder than words? Her actions had. In every step of the way for the past one month. And as he thought, that was enough for him. Enough that she even allowed him to walk in and out of her apartment the way he did. And her bedroom too. "Are you sure about what you want to do?"

Maya nodded her head as she sat down on the bed and patted it for Chris to do the same and he did.

"As much as it seems a bad idea to everyone including Becky, I think it's about that time." She said taking his hand to hers. "I've to let do it."

"But don't you think that...?"

"Do you trust me, love?"

Of course he did. And this time it was more than he did the previous years. What Maya had suggested had really helped him. If he was Chris Rollins who could let Maya entertain Leonel's thought and be fine with it. Like inside him he could feel Leo meant nothing more to her than her best friend. He was healing old wounds. He was forgiving himself for the past mistakes. And he was letting new ideas and thoughts, positive ones may he add to take over.