chapter 14

Dedicated to Alexis_210140 and Joyous028

Chris placed the signed documents aside and opened his laptop to read the emails that he had received. Kyle had sent him a email telling him that they would be coming back the following day. They were supposed to be back a week ago but according to her email and Phil's, the meetings were pushed due to an avoidable circumstances.

He smile at her email and send a quick reply telling her to get home safely and also, not to kill Phil on there way back home. He knew she hated him and the only reason she accepted to go with him without a complain was to please her boyfriend. Chris had seen the shock on her face then it turned to hatred. Then he saw how hard she held back. She wanted to lash out but she seemed to try very hard to come down. Which did, before smiling at him and saying it would be a pleasure.

She loved Wesley and he loved her back. Even at times Chris felt like Wesley was over doing it. He was will to do anything for her. Anything and Chris was afraid for him. Why? Because he had been there himself. He knew how it felt to truly love with every fiber in your being. He knew. And he also knew how it felt being hurt. It's a feeling that he didn't want his friend to experience. It's a bad feeling.

Chris excited Kyle's email after a reply and read the others. He replied the once that needed reply. He came across one email that needed to know when he would be free so that they could set a date for a meeting that his presence were required. He wanted to call Mary and ask her about his schedule for the month. He knew he was booked but he could squeeze in somewhere but he stopped himself.

Since two weeks ago, he didn't see Mary as he saw her before. Not after learning from Wesley that she was in love with him. From that time he saw her differently. She wasn't that sweet Mary who made his schedule and greeted him with coffee every morning before. But that woman that Wesley said she was in love with him. He watched her every move from that day when he was around.

He was looking for any sign to his friend's word and he got a lot of them. They're there, staring at him but he had been blinded before by his grieve that he never saw them. But she was a professional in hiding them. She tried but Chris could see them that now his eyes had been opened.

Mary was pretty. Scratch that, she was beautiful. And she sure as hell got all the attention from men but not Chris. Not when now there was a possibility of him finding Maya. No, not finding because you can't find someone that you're not sure exist. But once his PI confirmed to him that Maya, his Maya was alive, he was going now to find her. So Mary stood no chance with him. And he wasn't willing to even if he found out that he saw Maya on another woman as he did before.

Chris rubbed his face with his hands and turned to look at his calendar on his desk. Mary always made sure to mark the days that he had important meetings on it. She was sweet and the best PA ever and Chris didn't see himself seeing her more than that. Not as Prince's new mom despite her being good with him. And Prince enjoying her company everytime Chris came with to work. He just couldn't see anyone taking Maya's place. At least not in this world.

Chris saw the following day which was on Saturday marked. It meant he had an important meeting to attend to and he wondered why. He never worked on Saturdays. Not since Prince was born at least. Weekends were  father son moment and Mary knew that, then why had she marked it? Why would she mark...

Then he remembered. It wasn't Mary who marked it, it was his son last Friday when Chris picked him up from school. That day Chris had forgotten a document in the office and it needed his attention before Monday. So they came to office and Prince marked the date as a reminder to him every time he looked at the calendar.